Two Years and going STRONG!!

Options
Yesterday marked the two year anniversary of my joining this site and changing my lifestyle. I am thrilled to report that things continue to go well. I consistently stay right around the 40 lbs lost mark (aside from vacations when I thoroughly enjoy myself :drinker: )
I had a fantastic beach wedding in April and loved being able to wear a two-piece swimsuit in public!
I rarely use this site anymore (but don't get me wrong - I tell everyone I know about myfitnesspal!).
I found that you don't have to count calories forever. You just need to learn the basics, know your limits, and make healthy choices a positive habit and not a hinderance.
Sure, I have times when I don't want to hear the word "salad", or touch exercise equipment, but I've realized those breaks are not necessarily a bad thing. And quick enough I'm itching for a good hard workout!
Just wanted to tell everyone to keep up the good work - because it does get easier, and more enjoyable!! :tongue:

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you sucess of losing the weight and also on the sucess of keeping it off, Well done!

Thank you for the inspiration and the encouragemant, I often wonder if and when I finally become a healthy weight whether I will be able to maintain the new lifestyle, it is great to see people who have done it!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for posting. It's good to hear from others who have been successful and maintained that success because of MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Congrats :drinker: You have awesome abs in your pictures in your profile... how'd you get them? :smile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and success at keeping it off! This is inspirational. Thank you for signing on to post this. :smile:

Ps - fantastic abdominals! :drinker:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: It is so wonderful to hear that you have maintained. That is the hardest thing for me!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's good to hear from those who have reached their goals and stayed there.. gives people like me more hope and encouragement! Thanks for your post!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats :drinker: You have awesome abs in your pictures in your profile... how'd you get them? :smile:

I have to say that abs are the hardest for me. That is where the weight goes first when I gain. I can see a noticeable difference with only 5 extra lbs :cry:
    I must have taken that picture on a good day!:laugh:
    I find that a combo of everything (machine cardio, weights, kickboxing, outdoor cardio) and situps everyday works well. Got to change it up and not do the same routine every week or your body will adjust and not burn as much. I can think I'm in great shape and then do Tae-Bo for the first time in weeks and I am so sore the next day!
    I just saw an ad for videos called P90X that I'm thinking of getting for my husband and I for Xmas. Looks very interesting!
    Good work everyone!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!