Can't get enough calories!

Options
Apparently, I'm on the greatest diet ever, being broke. I've been losing weight pretty steadily on this plan until I started to run out of food. I ate everything I could uld get my hands on yesterday and still couldn't make it to 1200 am worried about starvation mode. Do I stop working out to try to keep the calories I can get? Do I start eating the junk in the office people put out that I've been avoiding on my diet?

Replies

• RyvreTam
    RyvreTam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to bump this? It was immediately buried.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that are more calorie dense and you will have no problem getting to 1200. A piece of cheese & an apple is not a meal, it's a snack.

Or are you trying to say that you have zero money to buy more food?
  • RyvreTam
    Options
    I didn't seem so bad until I see someone else saying it. Yep, I wanted things that weren't food this paycheck and now my cupboards are bare. What kind of stuff should I buy to eat next week? Should I not work out until then?

edit: also, yes, I've gotten things out of the machine at work this week to try to fill it in, where I probably should have used the change for something more lasting. I suck at monies.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, canned tuna, eggs, bread, beans and rice are all great, healthy and cheap. It'd be good if you could find a cheap way to get some fruits and veggies too.

Example daily plan:
    breakfast: 2 eggs, piece of fruit
    lunch: tuna fish sandwich, fruit and some veggies
    snack: half peanut butter sandwich
    dinner: Rice, beans, veggies
  • RyvreTam
    Options
    Peanut butter, I keep forgetting about that gem.