25lbs down and haven't dropped a size...

I'm super excited to see 25 pounds gone but I'm still in my size 17 jeans... :indifferent: The definitely fit better (no muffin top) but I hear people saying I lost 5 pounds and a dress size...it's frustrating. I would LOVE to drop a size this month jeeeze it's almost been two months. :frown:

Replies

• ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    *they
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    I actually just posted something very similar! I have lost 50 lbs and am still same size. I think it has something to do with body build, starting weight/size, etc. Nonetheless, CONGRATULATIONS!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Hmm... well, do they fit better? Were they super tight and now they're normal/roomy? In my experience, it's about 10 lbs per size... I could also be where you carry your weight and the style of pants you have... perhaps the weight is coming off your extremities or your chest? Have you taken any measurements?
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    I always discovered that the first size you lose is actually fitting into the clothes you were wearing. Most of us don't like to admit when we go up sizes so we keep squeezing into clothes that don't fit.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    They definitely fit better...my weight is mainly in my tummy. I can't remember the inches lost but it's around 9 total...I have to tally my little notebook haha it's in the bathroom cabinet and hubby is occupying it right now haha.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Are you doing any resistance training or using weights? Using weights can help tone up your body and help you lose inches, therefore dropping a size. I have lost only 2lbs in the past 4 months and today I was able to slip into my size 26 jean capris. I was over the moon! I usually wore these pants when I weighed 136 and I am at 153 currently. I've been doing mix with cardio and free weights with 5,8 and 10lb dumbbells and man what a change my body has taken. My arms and shoulders are nicely toned and my abs are peeking through once again. I hope that once I get toned up my body will follow suit with some weight loss so I can be in the low 140's at least.
    Just a suggestion. Congrats on the 25 pound weight loss though. That is awesome! Keep up the great work, I'm sure that before you know it you'll be dropping sizes too.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    We are all built so differently that we all have different results! I agree with othere...take your measurements. I know for me I was seeing a weight loss but not much difference in my clothes size...but after taking my measurements I really saw the difference. Keep up the good work...it will pay off in the end!!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    This is very true. Like I said they were tight lol.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Go to a store and try on a few pair of another size just to see if they fit. Old clothes get stretched out sometimes.

Maybe your tops are getting too big? You could have downsized another part of your body first. 25 pounds is a big amount, something had to have shrunk on you. Look at your arms and everything else and I'm sure you will find it.

Congratulations on the loss. That is a great achievement.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    I just saw your post that you lost 9 inches...excellent! Your doing great! The size difference will come, your doing awesome.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    WAY TO GO I can't wait to be there...I'm afraid to say it but I don't exercise that much. I probably should.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I am in the same boat. I have lost 28 pounds, and I still can't get any of my old 22 jeans to zip up. It is very frustrating. I have lost four inches in my waist and two in my hips, but these stupid love handles keep the waist band from reaching my waist. :angry:

Patience is a virtue, they say. :flowerforyou:
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    I always discovered that the first size you lose is actually fitting into the clothes you were wearing. Most of us don't like to admit when we go up sizes so we keep squeezing into clothes that don't fit.

I think you have something here...
  • knitknutc
    knitknutc Posts: 5 Member
    Don't give up. Are you walking, our putting in some kind of bike riding? I have lost a total of 15.2 lbs since mid-April. But didn't start my daily walks until early June. I have lost inches, and a size in pants. But not 25 lbs. I swear by the walking. Or riding a bike.
  • knitknutc
    knitknutc Posts: 5 Member
    Wendy, remember when we were kids, and we went from size 5 to 6, then 6 x, then the next number up? What the hell was that 6 x? Well, now I say my size is 12 muffin top. :-) keep the faith. You are working hard, and it will come off.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Wendy, remember when we were kids, and we went from size 5 to 6, then 6 x, then the next number up? What the hell was that 6 x? Well, now I say my size is 12 muffin top. :-) keep the faith. You are working hard, and it will come off.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks for that...
  • It's definately different for every body. I can wear a size 16 from 185 to probably about 220, the smaller the sizes are the less you'll have to lose to drop a size.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    hahaha eventually you are gonna get so mad at this happening - cause pretty soon your weight loss is gonna stall and youre gonna drop two sizes and youre gonna be like IM NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT!!! :(

you have to think of it as leap frog. when one part is working sometimes the other kind of progress rests, then you switch back and forth. if the scale was the only way to measure progress, we'd all burn out from consistent disappointment, this is why everyone whos been at this a long time URGES beginners to keep track of measurements and body fat % too

:D good luck!
  • bassanne
    bassanne Posts: 56
    I'm still in the same size, they are very loose, and I can fit into the next smaller size also. I've lost alot in my leg area, which doesn't mean a new belly size. Your doing great keep it up, before you know it you will have dropped 4 sizes, GOOD GOING
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    I was in between sizes uk 26-28. I had to lose 32lbs before I could fit below this. I started doing strength exercises which helped to started to shift the sizes