Do I have to eat vegtables to loose weight?

Options
Hi,
I have a hard time eating more than 1-2 servings of vegetables. I know that no supplement is as good as the real thing, but I'm not a big veggie fan. I take vitamins and eat plenty of fiber. As long as I burn more calories than I eat, should I still be able to loose weight without eating a lot of veggies?

I'm also open to any creative/tasty ways to add more vegetables.

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about if you HAVE to eat vegetables but I know that if you don't you will be missing important nutrients.

Maybe Fusion--a mixture of fruit and vegetable Juice--would make it easier to get them in. You just wouldn't get the fiber you would from eating the actual fruit and vegetables.

:ohwell: And to be perfectly honest I'm not sure if you really are getting the same nutrients from the juice as you would from the food, but at least it is an option. I have had to teach myself to eat Bell Peppers and drink Green Tea among other things, just because they are good for you.

Good Luck meeting your Goals.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat vegetables to lose weight.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely attest to the fact that you can lose weight without eating a lot of of vegetables. I am lucky if I get two to three servings in per day and I am losing the recommended one pound per week.

Just like you, I do make sure to take vitamins to suppliment. But I have found a few ways to get them added into my day. For lunch I try to include a small salad or a vegetable soup in my meal. For supper - while I don't like fresh tomatoes I don't mind cooked ones so I try to include tomatoes in what I am eating.

Do you like V-8 juice at all? That packs a lot into a small amount of juice. I don't like it but can manage to chug down a small can so I can at least get one serving of vegetables in.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight by eathing only chocolat if you want (calories in ,calories out) But you would probably feel like hell. Do your best, try new things. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon :wink:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Do an internet seach on recipes to hide veggies....there are a lot of them out there.

I like:

Omelets with spinach, onions and tomatoes
    Spaghetti with veggies in the sauce
    Stuffed zuchini, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed tomatos , stuffed green peppers (you get the idea)
    Peanut butter with celery
    Veggie soup or stew
    Spaghetti squash
    Butternut squash or pumpkin soup

Also try making veggies in different ways:

Grilled asparagus is awesome (actually most any veggie grilled is great)
    Fried green tomatoes or fried squash (has to be a treat cause it's not low cal)
    roasted veggies
    Stir fries with lots of herbs
    Salads that mix fruit, cheese and nuts