House guests

So my grand parents are coming in town and need a place to stay. They asked if they could stay in our spare bedroom but I JUST had it redone into a playroom (Adult) and I would prefer for them not to see it. I don't want them thinking bad of their grand daughter. So I was thinking of telling them that it was under construction and locking the door. Then that leaves them no place to stay. Do you think it would be ok for me to offer them a tent and they could sleep in my yard in the back. I have an air matress they could use as well. Thoughts?

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    oh_you.jpg \m/
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Naw....let grandpaw hook granny up in that swing and rock her world. But I would be careful about letting them use the electrical toys, cause it might *kitten* with his pacemaker......
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Personally I think you should let them use the room. My grandparents are into that kinky ****. The only tough part will probably be getting them to leave. If you don't feel comfortable with that.....I'd at least offer an air mattress.....they are old after all.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Not okay IMO. If you don't have a room for them maybe offer to help out with a hotel?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Give us a picture of this room and let us judge from that :drinker:
  • Will they be allowed to use your bathroom? Things could get complicated for them if they need to poop or pee outside..
  • My grand parents are about 90 and I don't even want to think of them using that room. Plus that is gross. Old people do not have sex.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    So my grand parents are coming in town and need a place to stay. They asked if they could stay in our spare bedroom but I JUST had it redone into a playroom (Adult) and I would prefer for them not to see it. I don't want them thinking bad of their grand daughter. So I was thinking of telling them that it was under construction and locking the door. Then that leaves them no place to stay. Do you think it would be ok for me to offer them a tent and they could sleep in my yard in the back. I have an air matress they could use as well. Thoughts?

Give them YOUR room, and you sleep in the PLAYROOM maybe ?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    Naw....let grandpaw hook granny up in that swing and rock her world. But I would be careful about letting them use the electrical toys, cause it might *kitten* with his pacemaker......

There are three downsides to this:

1) Clean up could be awkward.

2) You would have to make certain apparatuses handicap accessible.

3) You may end up having them as guests more often than you would prefer.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    So you guys sleep on the air mattress and let the grand parents have your room. REALLY!! Old people need the respect and a soft bed or they'll be cranky forever!!
  • bird922
    bird922 Posts: 28 Member
    Do they camp for fun???? I would think the polite thing to do would be to either put the adult toys away for a bit or give them your room and you sleep in the toy room. They are your elders after all and should be treated with the upmost respect.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Let them get their freak on!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Do they camp for fun???? I would think the polite thing to do would be to either put the adult toys away for a bit or give them your room and you sleep in the toy room. They are your elders after all and should be treated with the upmost respect.

Do you KNOW how long it takes to take swings down?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Let them use the room...just remind Grandma to put her teeth back in, after the gummer.
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 142 Member

^^^^^^This
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    My grand parents are about 90 and I don't even want to think of them using that room. Plus that is gross. Old people do not have sex.

Oh they do.... :tongue:
  • purpleroses1021
    purpleroses1021 Posts: 46 Member
    Really? It's quite simple... YOU move to the "playroom" and give your elderly grandparents the master bedroom. No "bed" in said playroom? Then I guess you're sleeping on the air mattress.
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Give us a picture of this room and let us judge from that :drinker:

^^^ This! I'd love to see it :happy:
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member

This. A hundred times this.

This is the common courtesy thing to do when you have important guests. You always give them the master and take the crummy guest room. (Unless you have a nice guest room).

This is so obvious an answer that this thread is obviously just:

LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!! I HAVE A KINKY SEX ROOM!! (or so I claim). EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION TO ME! BE SHOCKED OR ALTERNATIVELY AROUSED!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Let them use the room...just remind Grandma to put her teeth back in, after the gummer.

i just needed to lose my breakfast today...

:sick: