A WeightWatcher's drop out...

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a WeightWatcher's dropout on the mission for something new, exciting and FREE! Here's to working it out and getting it off.

Replies

• Valdeezie
    Valdeezie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! I am also a WW drop out. You know what, though, it just wasn't for us! MFP is great and FREE. My brother in law lost over 100 lbs doing this.

What helps is having friends! I'll send a request your way.
  • Osbornefitness
    Osbornefitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WW isn't for everyone. In fact, I know so many people who go back to eating the way they ate before WW and gained everything back. It's a lifestyle and about being healthy, not about points. You will do great! Find an accountability partner who will keep you on track and there will be no stopping you!
  • Luvmyveggies
    Luvmyveggies Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ME TOOOOO!! I pay for weight watchers but NEVER use it! Its just "to much" for me ... I hate counting points! I have been back and forth between both MFP and WW ... and honestly MFP is so much easier to use! Its glad to know that there are other WW dropouts out there, lol!
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I recently joined here after growing tired of paying for WW Online. I liked WW and have had success with it, but it's expensive. There is no such thing as "lifetime" with an online membership and I've never been interested in attending meetings.

Good luck!

btw: the MFP scanner and tracker app is way better than WW's!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 stone on WW, I've lost 5 plus on here, so thats a big tick for me.

Any of you guys feel free to add me too
  • reisha
    reisha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just dropped out of WW yesterday after 1 1/2 years. I had success with it but needed something new. My brother has done this & lost 45 lbs. He swears by it & has been trying to get me to do it for awhile.....so here I am!!! I'm excited to get started!
  • ish6763
    ish6763 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also a weight watchers member and not doing so well. I am looking for something that is helpful and has lots of support, Does anyone have any tips for I need all the help I can get.
  • wtlos4me
    wtlos4me Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a Weight Watcher's drop out too! I liked the "old" points system, but the new system I could never get the hang of, and realistically, I still didn't know how many calories I was ingesting! I find counting calories through MFP so easy, the database food system is awesome, and I can add items using the bar code scanner on my smart phone too. But the best part is the support of my MFP friends! Please feel free to add me to your list and we can encourage each other! Good luck! :wink:
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    Me too!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    WW didn't work for me either... but MFP is full of free tools and loads of support :) Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :):flowerforyou:
  • tennesseeleigh
    Options
    I switched from WW to MFP too.
  • kgeldreich
    Options
    It was too expensive to keep paying each month and I wasn't a big fan when it switched to the points plus! Been doing well on here and the database is so much bigger which is a huge help.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Also a longtime WW dropout! I lose faster on WW BUT...I always gain it back!!!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a long time and was stuck so I joined WW in September. I am still on WW and have been successful, but it's free for me since my job is paying for it. I'm doing both WW and MFP because I love the friends and support I get here. I find that the points I count and my calorie intake are almost right on target. I will continue doing both until I have to pay for WW myself. I figure the more help I can get , the better!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I know so many people who go back to eating the way they ate before WW and gained everything back.

Me too I know people who gained back plus, then went back to WW lost and gained back plus, again and again.
    They've ratcheted themselves up. WW scares me.

So happy here. I've started out with the goal of a sustainable maintenance in mind.
    I took 18 months to lose. Now I'm tweaking my maintenance plan.

The bottom line for me is that when I see everything written down it's easier to fill in the gaps to make sure my body gets what it needs and when I've got proper nutrition going it reduces a lot of my cravings.
  • emily_can
    emily_can Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ii also have been on and off WW for years. Ultimately, I think you need to know how many calories you can consume and still maintain your weigh loss. It's less about the program you use and more about the programming in your brain about food, overall health, and fitness.

Please feel free to add me as a friend, anyone!
  • L_jo
    L_jo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! lol. I joined weight watchers a few years ago, I lost 16 lbs. Stopped going and a few years later noticed I had sprang up 30lbs past my initial weigh in. So I started MFP 52 days ago, I am down 15 lbs. I have about 30 more to go. I weigh in on Sunday, so we'll see what the tally is then. I do feel like this is helping. I really only liked going to meetings at WW because of the friends I had made there. Theres a lot of great support on here too! Wishing you the Success you deserve. Add me if you would like :)
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between WW and MFP, and honestly love both but sometimes prefer one over the other. I find that they both work equally well for me, but can't be done simultaneously. Hence the back and forth...

Welcome to MFP!
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I left WW as well. I lost 35 pounds on it, so it was good for me. I didn't like paying for it anymore, especially when I was plateauing for months on end! Giving MFP a try. Good luck to you! :happy:
  • Huskerb
    Huskerb Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined here and I love it...I am currently still a WW member but thinking this site will work out better...nervous that if i stop going I will just fall back to my bad habits without having to go and weigh in every week....ugh