May I ask how you guys do it?

Options

Replies

• Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get motivated to fit into a bikini in the summer. I want to dress to impress! AND for motivation to workout 5-6x a week, I make sure to have great music
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this is the article that i read that finally made it all click for me. check out the video at the bottom of it.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I pinch my fat. Everywhere. My face, legs, arms, waist! And I ask myself if I want this to get bigger or smaller. Answer is always smaller. I work out with images of me wrestling my inner fit girl out of my flub!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I give myself options. I can do cardio, yoga, bike, etc. But, I do something every day. Since there are so many different choices it gets rid of the, "I don't feel like doing x" thing. There's always y.

After about two weeks of doing something every day, I found myself craving it. It's like my day isn't complete until I do.
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    They say it takes 21 days to make a habit, but almost 2 months in, I had a couple of bad weeks where I only went to the gym to meet with my trainer. What got me re-motivated was getting my measurements done and seeing that what I've been doing IS helping and I AM making progress even if it's slow.

I figure even if I'm going slow, even if it takes me 2 or 3 years to get near my goal weight, at least I'm better off than people who aren't doing anything. We can never give up! :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    My motivation is simple - look in the mirror. That's enough to make me get up off my lazy *ss and do something.

As far as working out - I tell myself to just show up. Even if I only do one set of weights or 5 minutes on the treadmill or whatever, it's better than doing nothing. Of course once I get there and get started, the motivation kicks in and I always end up having a good workout.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Set a goal.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Find a reason to exercise other than to exercise. A class, group, charity run, something physical you love to do.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    after almost 3 months now of working out for30 minutes a day pretty much 6 days a week...it started out as forcing myself to do it and peptalking myself and getting super pumped up... and now its more of a habit. i only have to peptalk myself on days i'm tired or feeling lazy. it all starts with putting on the workout clothes. once they are on its practically over and there goes 30 minutes a day! :)
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i just do it.....

I hate sitting around realizing that Im doing nothing to be happier or im doing nothing to work towards where I want to be. I would rather feel like im trying than knowing Im failing myself by not doing anything about it.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It's just become routine for me, so I just get it done. I keep it fresh so I don't get bored.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    For me, it came down to giving my body the nutrition (specifically, breakfast & more protein) to work properly. Then I had more oomph, and the thought of dragging my butt over to the elliptical wasn't as bad. Then I did the elliptical every day for a week -- and suddenly I had tons of energy. With energy comes motivation.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    I pinch my fat. Everywhere. My face, legs, arms, waist! And I ask myself if I want this to get bigger or smaller. Answer is always smaller. I work out with images of me wrestling my inner fit girl out of my flub!

I used to do that. It has become less effective lately. I simply don't like what I see in the mirror, and rarely do I forget it.
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I do it in front of my TV, by the lake, in the backyard, in the pool...:blushing: :laugh: :wink:
    Just do it :drinker:

It will become a habit !
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there's a guy who works at the gym who is really cool, and I look forward to talking to him. I don't have any romantic interest in him, but I like talking to him a lot. Also, the hope that The Big Bang Theory or Dr. Oz is playing on the TV in front of my machine. For lifting, well, it's just fun! :happy:
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    I actually love working out, I always have. Or rather, I love the feeling I get from working out. because sometimes at the beginning middle or end of a grueling workout it actually sucks.
    My mental clarity is so much better when I work out so I can be a better wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter, aunt.... I feel like it makes me a better well rounded person in general
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy doing, for me, its DDPYoga.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital and see people at 300-600 lbs. I work on a trauma unit so they are usually hurt after an accident. They can't move. If something is broke then they can't even get up. I don't want to look or feel like they do. I don't care about being fit for looks. I want to be healthy. I love the way I feel smaller. I'm not going to let myself gain this weight back again.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just think about how much it sucks being fat. I can't fit into roller coasters, I can't fit into clothes, I can't walk up the stairs without getting winded, I can't get picked up by my boyfriend, I never get hit on when I'm at the bar with my friends, I can't get on the floor and play with my friends kids... so many things I can't do because of my size.

I CAN however, get up every day and spend an hour on a treadmill or an elliptical or lifting weights, and if those things are going to lead to me being able to do everything I'm left out on now, then it's worth it. :)
  • Miss_Aubrey
    Options
    my motivation is easy.. I just look at the picture of me that started all this. I was disgusted