Compression shorts..

Options
I'm just curious if any of you find working out in conpression shorts helps? I have heard that it does..but would love some input.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Helps with what?

I prefer the tighter shorts when I run, but for weights or DVD workouts, I'm more flexible with what I wear...
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Muscle fatigue in your thighs..etc.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ah, gotcha. :tongue:

And I don't have an answer - sorry!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Fatigue? No. Cramping? Yes.

The jury is still on on whether compression helps during activity, but most people will agree that it helps with recover. I have compression socks I wear during some workouts to help prevent cramps in my calves. They seem to help a bit, though I'm not 100% convinced at this point. I have compression tights that I wear after races for recovery which are GREAT!

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    causes decrease in "jiggly" when working out.....other than that i dont know
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the input. It is greatly appreciated.
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I saw you put this up yesterday and meant to answer....better late than never.

I have a "heavy" lower half....always have. With age, it is harder to keep muscle tone and I have to work harder. With that in mind, I wear them when I do extended cardio sessions. I'm picky about what I wear too. I like ones with longer inseams....Under Armour, in my opinion makes the best ones. They don't come to high up on the waist and the elastic at the lower part of my thigh stays in place and doesn't shift up.

I could make a really long list as to why I wear them....this just touches the surface :-)