Could it be the carbs?

Options
My husband and I are trying to have a baby, so I figured I would switch up my diet to get in shape before getting pregnant. I started doing low carb but it's only making me gain weight! It's weird, the only place I am gaining though is my belly area and my boobs seem to be getting bigger. I'm always hungry for the weirdest foods now! Am I just having weird cravings since I have cut out carbs? If I start eating carbs again, will my stomach and boobs go back down?

Replies

• CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Yes, please eat ALL.THE.CARBS. And make sure to smoke two packs a day and drink a gallon of wine a day. You will be tiny again in no time!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yes, eliminate them completely and replace with HCG \m/
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Haven't you heard of those IT WRAPZ things? I hear they work. If you wrap it around your belly, you can lose like 5 inches instantly!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Haven't you heard of those IT WRAPZ things? I hear they work. If you wrap it around your belly, you can lose like 5 inches instantly!

Oh I thought that was some kind of food you were talking about. I like wraps but they have carbs.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are already pregnant.
  • Sharyn913
    Options

Oh I thought that was some kind of food you were talking about. I like wraps but they have carbs.

Well by eating carbs, you will never lose that weight!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on trying to start a family, that's wonderful!

Have you checked with your Dr first? You know they always say you should ask a Dr when trying to get pregnant or lose weight.

What have you replaced all the carbs with? Have you been eating a lot of meat? I hear eating a lot of meat helps.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking as well.
  • Sharyn913
    Options

When I was pregnant, I gained weight in my butt too. If she didn't gain weight in her butt, maybe she is just getting fat?
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options

^^ what they said
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

Have you checked with your Dr first? You know they always say you should ask a Dr when trying to get pregnant or lose weight.

What have you replaced all the carbs with? Have you been eating a lot of meat? I hear eating a lot of meat helps.

Meat helps which part? Getting pregnant or losing weight?
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

When I was pregnant, I gained weight in my butt too. If she didn't gain weight in her butt, maybe she is just getting fat?

True..maybe she's just getting fat
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

^^ what they said

I don't think so. We have only been trying for about a month now.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

Yes it is most definitely the carbs... Make sure you eat a lot of Tuna, hot dogs and sushi as well. That will counteract the effect of the carbs. :wink:
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options

Meat helps which part? Getting pregnant or losing weight?

IDK, what's with all the questions? I'm just trying to help you!!!!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I did not gain weight in my butt, but in my belly (obviously :wink: ) and boobs.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think you're pregnant...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

True..maybe she's just getting fat

Yea, I think she's just getting fat. She's probably eating too much sugar. Sugar is evil and makes you gain weight.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

Yes it is most definitely the carbs... Make sure you eat a lot of Tuna, hot dogs and sushi as well. That will counteract the effect of the carbs. :wink:

Well I like all of those but I heard if you eat too much tuna you can get mercury poisioning. Could that cause trouble for me since I am trying to have a baby?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You're on a roll today!! From 90 year old grand parents sleeping in a tent in your yard to trying to get pregnant. That playroom should come in handy for that.