MFP Veteran looking for new buddies

Options
I'm approaching 600 days on MFP. Lost 113 in one year and literally saved my life. Now in the battle for the last 10 pounds. I would love to add some new friends that are active on the site. I like to get to know my buddies and I give great support. Send a request if interested.

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Bump...anyone?
  • itsrebec
    itsrebec Posts: 38
    Options
    113 lbs? Damn, you are an inspiration!

I have 24 lbs to lose. At one point, I was about 256 lbs; now I'm 163. I'd like to get to 139 (just to technically be in the 130s!)

Rebec
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    113 lbs? Damn, you are an inspiration!

I have 24 lbs to lose. At one point, I was about 256 lbs; now I'm 163. I'd like to get to 139 (just to technically be in the 130s!)

Rebec

Congrats to you! That's impressive. I'm technically in the range for my height and weight, just looking to lose those last stubborn 10 pounds. Been stuck here for 8 months!
  • itsrebec
    itsrebec Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you. It was a LONG, hard journey. I was down to 151, but alas, I gained them back. That's what happens when you, well stop counting calories. It's my own fault. Of course, putting it back on is a heck of a lot easier than taking it back off.

Feel free to add me and we can email etc.

Best wishes,

Rebec
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in May 2011. I have lost a total of 153 pounds. You can add me if you would like.
  • snugautumn
    snugautumn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site. I have lost about 25lbs. But have just started
    using MFP. I seem to be at a stand still right now. So I need all the support
    I can get. Congrats on your weight loss.:flowerforyou:
  • ksquared0710
    ksquared0710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm over 200 now and 32 down I could use some strong MFP friends :) Keep up your awesome work.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    Options
    Congrats! That is freaking phenomenal.

I have lost 30 pounds on my own and not a single pound since being on MFP. However, I have lost inches so I am focusing more on that then actual weight loss. As long as I keep active and eat well I am not going to be tough on myself about what the scale says. I do have gastroparesis and hormone imbalance which is probably making it more difficult. All I can do is try my best.

Feel free to add me.
  • Amfro
    Amfro Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW, you are crazy good, hang in there you'll make it. I am just getting started and looking for a few friends for the journey, If anyone's interested. Mother of one starting with 50+ to lose.
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Started at 145 down to 137 in five weeks.....always could have more support and motivation....I'm very active on here as well....Feel free to add me:)
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Ooh, add me! I have 70 pounds to go. Lost almost 20 before joining MFP, and you're an inspiration!
  • Danardeener
    Options
    We're about the same age. I have about 4 lbs to go to my goal weight, then I'll be on maintenance. You may add me if you like. :)
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Add me! I need more people like you for inspiration and support!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed by the people on this site that have made such a huge change. I know the difference just 20 lbs has made in my life, and how hard it was to get my butt in gear.
    I got up to 165 and hung out there a while before really deciding to ACT instead of complain and think about acting. Lost about 10 lbs on my own, then my doc turned me on to this site, where I lost another 10+ lbs. Now I'm somewhere between 140-145, and have switched to maintenance after a scary BodPod session that said my body fat was ridiculously, scarily high for someone my size. I figure I'll use 145 as my ceiling, and focus on learning to maintain and build muscle...there will be a bit of back-and-forth between maintenance and deficit as I figure this out.
    All in all, I'm much happier at my current weight, but there's still room for improvement -- once I build back that muscle (that probably withered away during a couple years of inactivity due to some medical issues), I'll reevaluate where I am and either set a new goal or maintain.
    I'm on here every day, so feel free to add me.
  • JackShow70
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I'm still pretty new here (a month) but active. Feel free to add me :)
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I joined ln Jan.. down about 120 lbs in a year and a half now. At my last ten or fifteen pounds and ready to start getting serious about exercise.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Thanks. Love hearing from all of you.
  • LovetheNewMe
    LovetheNewMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP June 2011, I am down 113 pounds and have 7 stubborn pounds left to lose. You can add me if you want.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Would love to help you loose that last ten pounds!

I need to loose just under 100lbs so having an MFP buddy whose done it would be a great inspiration!
  • IngaRobertsdottir
    IngaRobertsdottir Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined about 20 days ago and have now lost 16,4 kg. calorie counting was an eye opener for me! Feel free to add me :).