"if everyday were like today" button

Options
Georg
Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
Do you think the "if everyday were like today" button works? I find it very motivating, but not very accurate.
How about you?

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    LoL! I was just playing around with mine. I find it highly motivating, don't get me wrong. But I'll hit it several times a day (out of boredom) and I hate watching the number go up and up as I take in calories throughout the day.

It's nowhere near accurate, though. As long as I stay true to my calorie goal and exercise routine, I usually lose much more weight than it predicts.
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    apparently if I don't eat ANYTHING for 5 weeks.... I'll be 7 lbs away from my goal weight!

...hmmm tempting...

... NOT
  • kitty_cat023
    Options
    it's not really accurate - it's purely math based and generalized, some people lose more or less depending on how their metabolism is, and what works for them, but that said - it's great motivation to see how that extra little snack would equate to over a few weeks of tagging that on - so i generally opt out! it's definitely great motivation, but again, not really accurate..:tongue::)
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    i love that button! lol one thing that really bothers me about this site( ONLY GRIPE!) is they don't seem t calculate calories burned for weight lifting? I sweat my butt off lifting weights, i must be burning some cals!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    i love that button! lol one thing that really bothers me about this site( ONLY GRIPE!) is they don't seem t calculate calories burned for weight lifting? I sweat my butt off lifting weights, i must be burning some cals!

If you click on Cardio, you can then enter 'strength training' in the search, and it'll come up that way.
  • lose100
    Options
    I find it quite accurate. However, I use a heart rate monitor to see how many calories I am burning through exercise. So, I can figure out how much weight I would lose with all of my exercise for the week, and the calorie defecit I have as well. That is, if I sitck with what they give me for a calorie goal, and do my planned exercise:) Just an FYIr, the number of calories this site says I burn through exercise is usually quite different from what my heart rate monitor says. I find the heart rate monitor an excellent tool in the weight loss journey.

Mandi
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    When I click it I think...I'm still going to weigh that much in 5 weeks? Grrr.