6 mnths out - first competition

Options
I'm super nervous... ive got some hard work ahead of me... any advice from anyone who as prepped for a show before? Im doing BIKINI/Tall Div.

Thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you workout routine is but I suggest hitting the weights hard. Much more dramatic changes then doing mostly cardio.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You might want to head over to bodybuilding.com and post in the female and the contest prep sections if you're looking for advice. I have seen a few people on here that compete, but there aren't many.
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options
    Lol i have a BB.com account... everyone is trying to sell that online trainer stuff to me. I'm just looking for pointers and advice ya know?
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Heavy on the weights, they are looking for definition. Also low carb! For two weeks, then eat extremely clean then two weeks before comp... low carbs again.

This is just from what my friends do... theres lots to it.. but thats a little bit lol
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm super nervous... ive got some hard work ahead of me... any advice from anyone who as prepped for a show before? Im doing BIKINI/Tall Div.

Thanks!

Bikini is a little easier to accommodate but I wouldn't prep without a prep coach or a posing coach, not sure if you have one or your on a team. But if you do the advice would be to do what they say and not anyone else.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Lol i have a BB.com account... everyone is trying to sell that online trainer stuff to me. I'm just looking for pointers and advice ya know?

I get, bb.com is primarly on online supplement store, and anything found on the main site is crap. But there is valuable information to be found in the forums.