Your HRM.

Options
Which HRM do you own?
What do you/don't you like about it?

I'm looking into getting one, but I really don't know where to start!

Replies

• jessejames3ball
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Want one, no idea what to get. I looked on Amazon and am just as confused as I was before.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have a MIO. It is a little complicated for me. I read a lot of people like their polar 4.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4

Good reputation for quality
    Easy to use
    Reasonable price
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I have a MIO and I love it. I did have to keep the instruction manual close by for the first few days but now that I have it figured out, I ADORE it. I've heard good things about the Polar brand too.
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7

Easy to use and affordable
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I personally own a Polar FT4. I've had it for quite some time now and love it. After entering all your vitals (age, weight, height, etc) you are set to go. It comes with a chest strap which is surprisingly comfortable. No complaints here. You can buy it on bodytronics.com for under $70.
  • AshleysAwesomeness
    Options
    I want one too! But I also want it to be able to sync to one of my phones either iPhone or Android.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7 got it new from ebay for like $70 shipping included
    Pretty simple for me to use
    waterproof I have a pool and like to wear it when I swim
    Keeps log of your last workouts
    No annoying button to keep pressing during workout to read your heart rate it comes with a chest strap that you can adjust accordingly.
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4

Good reputation for quality
    Easy to use
    Reasonable price

This! I'm a newbie to the HRM and just got mine this past weekend. It was awesome on my C25K runs this week. The chest strap I thought would be awkward, but it totally wasn't and I loved seeing on my wrist where my heart rate was, and how many calories I was burning. Excellent choice for a newbie!
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Just a cheap generic brand I bought at Academy for 50 bucks.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I use the FT60 by Polar. I bought mine from heartratemonitorsusa.com, and that site was FANTASTIC. It has in-depth descriptions and reviews of their HRMs and you can search for the best HRM based on what you want (monitors for weight loss, for cardio training, for swimmers, for runners, for triathletes, with GPS, etc). The prices are pretty good too, and shipping is free.
  • mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like my scosche. Which has no chest strap. Works with my music on my phone. Syncs with my fitbit, which syncs with my fitness pal.

But I go overboard a little.
  • Rusjo
    Rusjo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60F and I love it. I understood how to use it after just a few minutes, which was very surprising for me. I would recommend it if you're looking for a versatile HRM.
  • jeffremmert
    Options
    I have a POLAR HRM and it's the low end one...and it's been great for 2+ years FT2 $55 ish. Most cardio equipment will pick up the hr so sometimes I don't even wear the watch. Some people hate the strap but I've just got used to it...it's a matter of preference I suppose. The MIO says it provides ECG accurate hr and it had to 5 star reviews from Walmart.com. At that $35 dollar price point...give it a shot.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MIO-Classic-Select-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Watch-with-Calorie-Counter/15657643#Product+Reviews
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mio and a Bowflex. The Mio is easier to use. Got a Groupon for the BowFlex so for $15 I couldn't resist having a spare.
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7. Would/will buy another one again if it ever breaks.
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    What's the difference between the FT7 and FT4? Those seem to be the most popular choices so far.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. Definitely affordable, simple to use, and has all the basic functionality I want.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, FT7 and FT60 are the best HRM's you can buy.

They have chest straps(which you need for accuracy) and each tracks calories burned, time spent in each zone, gives you minimum and max heart rate.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - works great. They run about $70 in stores, less online, or check eBay - I scored a brand new one there for $26.

When I was shopping for one, I took all the recommendations from MFP, then read all the reviews for those models on Amazon to help narrow down my choices. I was watching eBay for either the New Balance or the Polar, but the New Balance came up first.