Thanks Jared!!!

Options
Let us all take a moment to thank Jared for helping raise the cost of subway sandwiches and keeping them high.

I remember 10 years ago (geez that seems so long ago!). I was straight out of highschool and was in college. I loved subway sandwiches so much that a few friends and I would go between class breaks and get a sandwich. I could get a number 2 for $2.99 I remember that exactly because I always told them to keep the penny. I get a number 2 today and it is over $5 that was the price of the footlong back then!

There is a point to my madness. :laugh: It has been ten years since Jared went on his subway diet and he has kept the weight off. Good job for him. :drinker:

So, does this mean that since Jared has kept the weight off that subway will stop raising their prices?

Replies

• Erica92627
    Options
    Let us all take a moment to thank Jared for helping raise the cost of subway sandwiches and keeping them high.

I remember 10 years ago (geez that seems so long ago!). I was straight out of highschool and was in college. I loved subway sandwiches so much that a few friends and I would go between class breaks and get a sandwich. I could get a number 2 for $2.99 I remember that exactly because I always told them to keep the penny. I get a number 2 today and it is over $5 that was the price of the footlong back then!

There is a point to my madness. :laugh: It has been ten years since Jared went on his subway diet and he has kept the weight off. Good job for him. :drinker:

So, does this mean that since Jared has kept the weight off that subway will stop raising their prices?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    LOL that is true I use to a meatball sub all the time and the whole meal itself was way under 5 bucks! Is that the number 2 you are talking about? Oh well blame Jared or inflation:tongue:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    the number two is the cold cut trio... yummy.

Speaking of inflation...

I'm not a starbucks drinker or coffee drinker for that matter, but yesterday for 3 hours they closed a lot, I think every single one in california.
    They said it was for employee training..

I'm calling BS on that because they just want people to see how addicted they are so people can appreciate the business and the company will have a reason to raise the prices yet again.

Just watch you will be paying 6 dollars for that 75 cent cup of coffee that you just can't get enough of. lol

Darn inflation.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've never had a cup of coffee but yesterday was almost comedic... people were getting all wound up over Starbucks being closed.

They actually closed EVERY SINGLE STORE in the United States for a few hours... wonder how much money they lost in just those few hours?

Dunkin Donuts took advantage of the opportunity and ran a $1 mocha promotion yesterday only. Smart fellas.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    LOL I don't even want to imagine loving coffee and having this happen to me. I knew the store was temporary closing. My co workers were in shocked!

It's just to show people how addicted they are to the coffee.

It wasn't training for their employees, it was training to get ready for the increase in prices!

Like I said in a previous post get ready to pay $6 for a cup of coffee that should only be 75 cents!

Thank God I don't drink coffee. I would be poor!

Funny thing at work, our soda cans used to be 65 cents they raised to 75 cents. People are going crazy over that saying that it was not just for them to do that! It's like if you don't want to pay that, dont drink it, or bring your own, right? lol