Anyone else an emo child at heart and love Brand New?

Options
2»

Replies

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Agreed! So many great bands you listed.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Making me feel old even though I am only 25... never heard of any of those either.

Well you are from Texas...

You realize that Austin is the live music capitol of the US.. right?

Not at all hot on catergorizing Elliott Smith and Morrissey as "emo". They were making music long before that word was invented.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am! Brand New, DBC, Something Corporate, Taking Back Sunday, Chevelle, Armor For Sleep! Listened to these guys and still do. I still have all my old highschool CDs and as a matter of fact just got back from a vacation to the cabin and took my old CD book along and played all of these guys! I've seen Brand New, DBC, City & Color, Chevelle, The Used, Yellowcard, Metric, Funeral for a Friend, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Tupelo Honey, and many more live! DBC, The Used, and Brand New were all on my bucket lists to see live! :) Ohhh the good ol' days!
  • todietfor
    Options
    I am! Brand New, DBC, Something Corporate, Taking Back Sunday, Chevelle, Armor For Sleep! Listened to these guys and still do. I still have all my old highschool CDs and as a matter of fact just got back from a vacation to the cabin and took my old CD book along and played all of these guys! I've seen Brand New, DBC, City & Color, Chevelle, The Used, Yellowcard, Metric, Funeral for a Friend, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Tupelo Honey, and many more live! DBC, The Used, and Brand New were all on my bucket lists to see live! :) Ohhh the good ol' days!

f yeah, metric. emily haines' work with broken social scene is also tops.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options

f yeah, metric. emily haines' work with broken social scene is also tops.

Ohhhh totes!

I think I'm about to friend ALL OF YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • hottbutch
    Options

Friend request accepted! Yes, I'm so excited to see them and I like the others you added too! Especially Funeral For A Friend.l\
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I touched the crotch of the lead singer to Armor For Sleep.... no homo
  • hottbutch
    Options
    Making me feel old even though I am only 25... never heard of any of those either.

You realize that Austin is the live music capitol of the US.. right?

Not at all hot on catergorizing Elliott Smith and Morrissey as "emo". They were making music long before that word was invented.

It's just a word I picked to generally classify the whinny and dark music I love. Nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise I should have put all the band names in my topic..
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    This music is not emo. That's like calling Puff Dadfy gangsta rap.
  • hottbutch
    Options
    I touched the crotch of the lead singer to Armor For Sleep.... no homo

omg.
    THIS
    tumblr_m72797cNYG1rq7p77.gif

Just this.
  • hottbutch
    Options

yet again...
    It's just a word I picked to generally classify the whinny and dark music I love. Nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise I should have put all the band names in my topic..

seriously people. its called general classification. stop being smart a$$es, we get it. move on.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I am from Texas but would put money on that I have lived in more states and coutries that you have.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options

yet again...

seriously people. its called general classification. stop being smart a$$es, we get it. move on.

You've got the "whinny" part down.
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    Not sure that I'm emo at heart so much as a girl with awesome taste in music. Brand New, Elliot Smith, Morrissey, The Smiths, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard, City and Colour, Bright Eyes, Devendra Banhart, Tegan and Sara, M. Ward…. yes yes yes!
  • hottbutch
    Options
    Not sure that I'm emo at heart so much as a girl with awesome taste in music. Brand New, Elliot Smith, Morrissey, The Smiths, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard, City and Colour, Bright Eyes, Devendra Banhart, Tegan and Sara, M. Ward…. yes yes yes!

haha you don't have to be emo to like it. it's all good music! I'm not actually emo either maybe when I was 15... haha