Could use some guidance on choosing my next fitness regime

Options
Hi all! Since Feb, I have completed (in order) 30DS, RI30, KB&T and will finish 6W6P before the end of September. After this, I would like to have a 3-month plan to take me to the end of 2012. Here are the ideas I've been mulling around:

1. JM Body Revolution
2. Rotate all of the above-mentioned JM DVDs daily (starting from the beginning on each one)
3. P90X2
4. Insanity
5. Combination of NROLFW and C25K

I've ordered them according to what I THINK I'd enjoy most but as I've never done any of them...so who knows! My goal isn't to really lose much more weight. Just get rid of the last little bit of belly/butt/thigh fat and get stronger....and firmer :smile: I could use some feedback from MFPers who have had some experience with the above. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have both insanity and p90x I like insanity better doesnt need as much equipment :)
  • Kelly502
    Kelly502 Posts: 11
    Options
    I absolutely love P90X and P90XII, Insanity, all great! I instruct Circuit and Spin classes and they are my kind of workouts, along with 1000 rep type group workouts. You can't go wrong there! :) You're gonna get ripped if you aren't already! Great stuff, I suggest eating your weight in grams of whey and animal proteins to help upkeep you muscles going through these workouts.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    if you want to go cheap and not buy a workout program try circuit training 2 mins all out as hard as you can push it then 1 min light jog ( just keep moving don't stop) I do that for about 30 mins morning and night also if it become too easy run up hill we have a moutain here in Alaska that it is fun to run up. :) all free and you get great metabolic burn. You burn tons of cals even after your done running
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I don't mind spending the money on a great program - it's an investment. I've spent money on a lot stupider things :smile: I've got to be honest Kelly502 - Insanity and P90X scare me a bit. I understand they are 60 minutes of pretty hardcore routines? Since I'm familiar with Jillian, I thought that might be the way to go. I'm certainly not ripped but I do finally have some ab definition for once in my life! With a goal to get some more! :laugh:
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you have the proper equipment, NROLFW + C25k. Squats, squats, and more squats! Seriously, if I had a dollar for every post I've read from a woman that just raves about the amazing changes that happened when she started lifting heavy... I'd have a lot of money. :)

And lifting gets really fun, trust me.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I have only done C25K, but I am starting NROLFW this weekend. I am excited. I am saving work out videos for when it is to cold for tennis ;)
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I don't mind spending the money on a great program - it's an investment. I've spent money on a lot stupider things :smile: I've got to be honest Kelly502 - Insanity and P90X scare me a bit. I understand they are 60 minutes of pretty hardcore routines? Since I'm familiar with Jillian, I thought that might be the way to go. I'm certainly not ripped but I do finally have some ab definition for once in my life! With a goal to get some more! :laugh:

I started out only doing Jillian workouts. I have done all that you have mentioned except JM Body Revolution. I decided to venture out and try Insanity instead and I love it! I am only on the first month and the longest workout there is is 41 minutes. They probably get longer in month 2, but hopefully I will be ready to go longer by then. Good luck in whatever you choose!
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

I can't vouch for insanity, but I have done both Jillian and P90x. I think P90x looks a lot scarier just because the commercials have a lot of hard bodies on them. I actually did P90x first, and then went to Jillian, and I found that a lot of the moves that Jillian does P90x has as well.

I feel like P90x is more rounded, and actually maybe even somewhat "easier" unless it's a cardio day. I've done ripped in 30, and found that actually harder than some of the stuff in p90x just because there's absolutely no breaks for water or anything. P90x you get a little bit of a break to jot down how many reps you managed and what not. Don't get me wrong, it's still tough, but it's not as mentally exhausting I think. (If that makes any sense?)

Anyway, I feel like I rambled a bit. Just saying don't be scared. :) It's very doable. Just do your best and forget the rest. ;) I'm not sure I'd hop straight to p90x2 without doing the first one first and work your way up, but I haven't actually done the second one yet to say. I just heard they have some crazy moves where you balance on basketballs and do push ups. Then again, all the moves you could probably modify if it's too much. Tony is usually pretty good about showing modifiers. (Here I go, rambling again).

Good luck with your next regime! :)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Thanks guys - I really appreciate the time you took to respond. You all have good things to say about all my options so I'm thinking no matter what I choose I'll end up in a better place!