This may seem like a weird way to work out but it works

Options
I can not go out running I hate it and I hate paying to put myself on a tredmill for 45 minutes of my day. but in my apartment I put two rugs down and I jog in place for about 30 minutes then after I drink a green tea and run a bath and as I am waiting for my bath I dance for about 15 min in my bathroom in front of the mirror. I aswell do strength training every other day.

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have been a single parent since my child was 2 and have always abhorred the idea of keeping my child in day care longer just so I could go to the gym - I also couldn't just leave her alone in the house while I went for a run....so I get up early every morning and jog around my kitchen!! I just put on my iPod and run (very small but very quick) laps for 30 minutes. My co-workers have laughed at me for years, however I am now 47 years old and still in the same size 8 clothes that I have been in since high school!! I have never 'dieted' and I have never had the weight problem that they have all been battling for at least the last 12 years!! My child is now old enough (14) that I could leave the house or go to the gym, but this has always worked for me and it doesn't cost me a gym membership! Do what ever works for you!!!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I have been a single parent since my child was 2 and have always abhorred the idea of keeping my child in day care longer just so I could go to the gym - I also couldn't just leave her alone in the house while I went for a run....so I get up early every morning and jog around my kitchen!! I just put on my iPod and run (very small but very quick) laps for 30 minutes. My co-workers have laughed at me for years, however I am now 47 years old and still in the same size 8 clothes that I have been in since high school!! I have never 'dieted' and I have never had the weight problem that they have all been battling for at least the last 12 years!! My child is now old enough (14) that I could leave the house or go to the gym, but this has always worked for me and it doesn't cost me a gym membership! Do what ever works for you!!!

Amen, the best thing to do is what you will be consistent at in the long haul.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Its not what you do, its that you do it. Most of my cardio is sitting on a bike reading. :drinker: It works for you and you get it done.:drinker:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Git-R-Done :laugh:
  • happylittlebird
    Options
    I also often jog inside the house for various reasons and I have an exercise room with weights and benches and a DVD player and etc. to do weights, yoga and other workouts. I do also walk and jog outside, but I gave up paying gym fees a few years ago, plus no need to waste time driving there, although sometimes it is fun to take a class.

It actually doesn't seem weird at all to me for you to jog in place and do other things in the house. It takes no room or special equipment to get a good workout and certainly no gym or personal trainer, although those can be extras.