Cheaper Chocolate Shakeology Alternative?

Options
I love chocolate shakeology but can't justify the costs anymore- anyone know of an alternative brand that tastes as good with similiar nutrition and calories?

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    a basic chocolate whey protein shake + a multivitamin
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Consider a whey protein and a multivitamin and call it good, IMO.

Edit: FireBrand beat me, but I think he cheated.

EDIT: how many posts before a salesperson comes in to talk about the wonders of shakeology?
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    EDIT: how many posts before a salesperson comes in to talk about the wonders of shakeology?

I bet she has 3 pms already
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Surely before the next page!
  • LORIMCX
    LORIMCX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one, I too am looking for a replacement because of the cost
    I LOVE SHAKEOLOGY CHOCOLATE!!!
    someone recommeded Vi shakes and the nutrition is very simlar, so I got some,
    but the taste and consistency does not even come close.
    I'll be keeping an eye on the responses to see what people come up with
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein plus multi is good as mentioned above. Or you could just go with chocolate milk and a multi (depending on you macros).
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The correct answer is, " shakeology is now only 10$ a bag!" i am still waiting to hear that. Until then, whey protein and vitamins
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein plus multi is good as mentioned above. Or you could just go with chocolate milk and a multi (depending on you macros).
    this
  • smangani
    smangani Posts: 120
    Options
    The closest thing I've found is Melaleuca's Attain. LOVE IT. Even though I'm still using my Shakeology.
  • kelkel500
    kelkel500 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks, though are there any particular brands of chocolate whey protein shakes that taste good? I will look into Attain, thanks! And I am aware of beach body coach tactics, and bought mine on the cheap through ebay so i didn't have to get roped into a pitch, and as much as it kills me to have paid that $ which ultimately goes to a MLM structure, bottom line, is it tastes really good and has become part of my routine!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    thanks, though are there any particular brands of chocolate whey protein shakes that taste good? I will look into Attain, thanks! And I am aware of beach body coach tactics, and bought mine on the cheap through ebay so i didn't have to get roped into a pitch, and as much as it kills me to have paid that $ which ultimately goes to a MLM structure, bottom line, is it tastes really good and has become part of my routine!

I personally like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard100% Whey - they have loads of flavors including a few chocolate based ones. Here is the link to their site so you can check out the flavors and nutrition facts, but often Amazon is the best place to get it from.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/100-whey-gold-standard-p-201.html?zenid=f1355c623323402c9098163be17c7f15
  • allustrious
    Options
    I would like to find a cheaper alternative as well, but honestly, I have seen a total difference in my appetite since I started it a couple months ago. I find I can go longer between meals, and I do not have anywhere near the cravings. Maybe it is a combination of eating better in general, but as long as I notice the positive changes, I guess I will remain on it for a while.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Become a coach and get the 25% discount. Totally worth the $45 sign up fee.
    You won't find anything that has the same nutritional value and will cost less.

I love chocolate shakeology but can't justify the costs anymore- anyone know of an alternative brand that tastes as good with similiar nutrition and calories?
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Become a coach and get the 25% discount. I know people (me) who only became a coach for the discount. You don't HAVE to sell anything else.

I would like to find a cheaper alternative as well, but honestly, I have seen a total difference in my appetite since I started it a couple months ago. I find I can go longer between meals, and I do not have anywhere near the cravings. Maybe it is a combination of eating better in general, but as long as I notice the positive changes, I guess I will remain on it for a while.
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Options

Surely before the next page!

AND YOU WIN! "You won't find anything that has the same nutritional value and will cost less." Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    Anything without too many calories as well?
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't know how much Shakeology costs, but I love Syntha-6 (by BSN) in Chocolate Milk shake. It has like 29 g of protein & about 200 calories (I don't know the specifics b/c I had to take the label in to my nutritionist...she said it was pretty good) I drink it with skim milk, a banana & a little peanut butter, but it is really good without the additives. It keeps me going from about 6:30-7am until 1 pm. If you buy it on Cheapvitamins.com, it is much cheaper than GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. I think it is about $30 but it lasts a while. Hope that helps....
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything to me that tastes as good as the standard (not vegan!) chocolate shakeology. And I've tried a bunch of different stuff. I don't mind and am able to pay for the taste. I don't have it alone though, I mix it with 12oz almond milk and a good chocolate whey protein powder. Its a shame every shakeology thread degenerates into people slamming each other.
  • shennard80
    shennard80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter shake that tastes great (at least to me). Vanilla whey protein powder, fat free milk, fat free butterscotch instant pudding mix and PB2. I mention that only because I think if you use chocolate powder, chocolate pudding mix and the chocolate PB2 it could be very good...I just haven't tried it myself yet. Depending on how much of each you use, you can get it around 300-400 calories
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love Dymatize Chocolate Fudge Whey protein. I get free shipping on it when I order from Vitamin Shoppe. It is very afordable and I even use it in many recipes.