Will my ribs go down if I loose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Yes they will. One of the first things, before fat, that you lose is your bones!

I just knew I was doing this the wrong way!
  • MomTo5Wow
    Options
    I actually know exactly what you are talking about... my whole torso is wide and this is why for years I considered myself "big boned" (thanks to my mothers wonderful supportive choice of word) ..... but when I had lost all my weight my rib area got smaller too.... they didn't go "down" but the area of my upper torso shrunk and looked normal.... nothing like I had expected thinking I was "big boned" I am not big boned I am and always have been FAT
  • puffidredz
    puffidredz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i think she means how broad her chest is. when i was skinny, i looked very thin framed in the chest but as i gained weight, my chest seemed to expand and made me look hefty. i am not sure if its the size of the ribs or just the layer of fat on top of them that gives them that stick out appearance, but i'd imagine they will go down back to normal as u lose weight.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I think she means if she would look smaller and more narrow around weight? I am guessing. :)
  • LaceBlack18
    Options
    Super late for this but I was worried about it as well. I think what you are asking is if the rib cage will go from this:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-2cOo_SPknWI/SepueibL_iI/AAAAAAAAACo/5O9g5FsPB64/s640/Photo%25201695.jpg

(not a great example sorry)

To something you would see on a pinterest fitness board.:love:

I don't think it is so much weight loss but toning your core/ body in general that will make them "go down", but I'm not a doctor so I'm not positive :wink:
  • delalunaluna
    delalunaluna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your ribs don't change. I look like the girl in the picture. Some of us just have bigger rib cages. It's kind of weird, but it also makes you look thinner I think lol.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Your ribs won't change position. But if you have fat covering them you will look and feel smaller as you lose weight.