• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    salads are bad, very bad.
    May I ask why you say it's bad

sarcasm
  • Mirandac2012
    Options
    I have 1 to 2 small salads a day and have done for the past 10 days and im fine! I do have some roast turkey or beef with it though.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Salads are great, just not everyday. I used to eat salads all the time and I now developed a fructose intolerance which basically means I can't have processed foods, added sugar or too many fruit and raw veggies. So maybe try cooked salad? I like to just roast a bunch of veggies, put a light balsamic herb sort of dressing on top and add whatever protein. Try to mix it up! :)

:huh:
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It will get better... greens process digestively much quicker than other foods. I am still the same way some days... but it's just your body getting used to putting something healthier into it! You can add some great proteins like eggs or add some avocado which always seems to help me!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Salads are a overrated 'diet' food.....IMO. There are a lot of other hearty healthy veggies out there to be had then a pile of lettuce (don't get me wrong I like a salad once in awhile!) Also don't neglect your protein........there's nothing wrong turkey sandwiches/wrap, tuna sandwiches/wrap! If you love salads and want to eat them everyday then go for it (and yes all that roughage make bathroom time crazy) :noway:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Salads are great, just not everyday. I used to eat salads all the time and I now developed a fructose intolerance which basically means I can't have processed foods, added sugar or too many fruit and raw veggies. So maybe try cooked salad? I like to just roast a bunch of veggies, put a light balsamic herb sort of dressing on top and add whatever protein. Try to mix it up! :)

Were these fruit salads?
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    I love salads. I have been eating them at least 3 times a week for the last 6 months. Sometimes I add chicken, sometimes it is ham. I love for it to have eggs, peppers, tomatoes, carrots and occasionally sunflower kernels.
    Yummy!!! Great Idea
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    salads are bad, very bad.
    May I ask why you say it's bad

sarcasm
    Thats what I thought!!! lol
  • Starlight_Shine
    Options
    Well I'm glad I ask this question thanks a bunch everyone!!! :D
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I can eat salads everyday and be fine...but...my younger sister and mother swear they give birth to death hours after eating one.....:tongue:

...give birth to death...

Hilarious!!!
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of similar disease. EVERYTHING I eat turns to CRAP. WTF>
    hard to believe butt yeah \m/
    After age 50, one learns to relish this... Ahhhh!!
  • Jaspr7
    Jaspr7 Posts: 8
    Options
    Salad is my life! Especially made with healthy greens like romaine, spinach, and "spring mix"--never iceberg lettuce (tasty but not many other redeeming qualities). I usually eat salad or a variety of raw vegies with lunch and dinner. Greens typically with olive oil and lemon, sprinkling of walnuts or sunflower seeds, and shredded cheddar or Parmesan. I think the suggestion about adding a little fat of some kind with the greens is a good one.

Interesting topic! I never thought I'd see so many different perspectives on salad.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    first question: Did you toss it before eating it?

second: What did you add for seasoning and flavor? It could be something in there.

third: Was it good product? I find when I go to street venders that it's often old and tainted.

fourth: Is it all salads or just yours? I make a great tossed salad and I'm sure you'd like it and suffer no ill consequences.
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    I have some kind of similar disease. EVERYTHING I eat turns to CRAP. WTF>

hahahahaha : )
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one HUGE, usually two huge salads a day - with my lunch and dinner. I eat lots of other veggies, too, like broccoli, celery and carrots. I far exceed the suggested daily servings, but it's not a bad thing. I go very regularly, like three times a day. No stomach pains, digestive problems, just poop alot and never get constipated. I know the salads are helping things move right on through. Eat a balanced diet, eat enough calories from other good, healthy foods and enjoy being able to poop.

But don't feel bad for posting this question. I had the same question a few months ago and used google to research. :blushing:

Edit to add: I agree with previous poster about the sunflower seeds. I love them on my salad. I use a tablespoon to add some good fats and protein and crunch. They are delicious. I use natural roasted, unsalted kernels in place of croutons.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

second: What did you add for seasoning and flavor? It could be something in there.

third: Was it good product? I find when I go to street venders that it's often old and tainted.

fourth: Is it all salads or just yours? I make a great tossed salad and I'm sure you'd like it and suffer no ill consequences.

actually your salad sounds really good.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

I can show you how to toss it just right. A little bit of practice, some low calorie dressing, and people will be begging to eat some too!
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    When I eat too much of anything my body tells me and it is not always in nice way LOL I wouldn't think anything of it, if your body thinks it is too much it should tell you. Well at least that is my experience with mine.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

I can show you how to toss it just right. A little bit of practice, some low calorie dressing, and people will be begging to eat some too!

oh, you have a technique you prefer? and does it matter what type of dressing?