Harry Potter Exhibit at Universal Studios, Orlando, FL

Options
13»

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm going to Orlando for christmas and have done a little bit of research today! this is what I got: Quote from some review site but thought it was helpful so cut n pasted it for myself!

Tip #1: It will kill you, but if you get to WWoHP when it opens, do NOT run to join the crowds streaming into Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Instead, get in line for Ollivanders. I have never in my life run from rope-drop directly to a gift shop, but in this case it was worth it. The little “wand chooses you” show they do for about 20 people at a time in Ollivanders is cute, but it is SO not worth waiting an hour in line for. See it first with only a 5- or 10-minute wait and then run to Forbidden Journey. At least that one has a partially shaded queue with interesting things to look at! After the show, they herd you into what I think was the Owl Post shop, or maybe Dervish & Banges. We dashed straight out to get in line for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, and then every time we went back it was so mobbed by people coming out of the wand shop that we never really got a good look at it. Now I wish we’d taken the extra time to see it.

Tip #2: When you get to Forbidden Journey, you will see a huge line all the way back down the path to the castle, and you will freak out. The best tip we learned prior to going was THIS LINE IS NOT FOR THE RIDE. It is for the lockers where you have to stash anything bigger than a point-and-shoot camera! Bypass this line by going up the path to the exit for the ride’s gift shop, passing through the shop, and accessing the nearly empty back section of lockers that the people lining up at the other entrance don’t seem to see.

Buy Butterbeer frozen at Hog’s Head not the stalls.
    The candy sweets don’t taste as nice as they look :sad: so don't waste your money!
    (Finish Quote)

I'd love to know how you got on, will you report back?

That review is almost completely opposite of what I'd say, and I've been there over 20 times. :tongue: Definitely disagree with them about the Butterbeer and sweets from Honeydukes...and sometimes the ride for the castle really IS that long, and it's not just lockers. Best to check with one of the employees working the lines. It usually isn't that long, but I'd rather avoid an angry mob harassing me for cutting the line. :tongue: Places like that are all different for everyone--some people hated the park, others loved it. I personally really enjoy going.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    IM SO JELOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW!
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options

That review is almost completely opposite of what I'd say, and I've been there over 20 times. :tongue: Definitely disagree with them about the Butterbeer and sweets from Honeydukes...and sometimes the ride for the castle really IS that long, and it's not just lockers. Best to check with one of the employees working the lines. It usually isn't that long, but I'd rather avoid an angry mob harassing me for cutting the line. :tongue: Places like that are all different for everyone--some people hated the park, others loved it. I personally really enjoy going.

Oh no, r u serious? Well that showed me! Offering up opinions of others!:ohwell: it was definitely by a person who loved Disney though maybe they were not as big a fan of universal. I can just see the scene as I cu t through the gift shop and think I've found the hidden lockers and then mobbed, eek!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Oh no, r u serious? Well that showed me! Offering up opinions of others!:ohwell: it was definitely by a person who loved Disney though maybe they were not as big a fan of universal. I can just see the scene as I cu t through the gift shop and think I've found the hidden lockers and then mobbed, eek!

Haha, among my friends, we have our Disney lovers and our Universal lovers--I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Disney so very much, but I love Universal. :laugh: