New to this site

cnordstrom
cnordstrom Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I was told about this site by my daughter-in-law, who has found this site very supportive.

I am 59 years old and battled weight my whole life....I was born 10 lbs 10 oz...does that say anything?

My clothing testifies to a lifetime of yo-yo dieting. Sizes 8-24 hang in my closet.

I am between 70 and 100 lbs overweight at this point; having gained 70 lbs in the last year and a half. I'm just hoping for support at this time...and glad to have a place to go -- and keeping a food diary will help me feel I am being responsible for what goes into my mouth.

Thanks!

Christine: flowerforyou:

Replies

• welcome and good luck!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Welcome to MFP ! My suggestion for success besides the logging everything you eat, drinking 64 oz. of water and exercising for a 1/2 an hour per day is to find a group on here and join in. It keeps us accountable and it helps us to share our day! Just go to topics and look under each one until you find one. Today is the first weigh in week of Sixers into the Holidays, we set an attainable goal to reach in the six weeks, you sure can join in, they are so encouraging! Best wishes to you, I know hitting 50 and menopause has been really hard for me but I FIGHT it with high intensity exercise and using MFP!
This discussion has been closed.