More than just an NSV...

Options

Replies

• wannaplay2505
    Options
    So awesome!!! Great job and good for you! :)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Awww! Totally brought a tear to my eye. And what a great guy to encourage you like that!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I remember that same run when I was maybe 12-15. I hated Friday's. That was the day, I was
    humiliated too. I decided it was easier to become one of the smokers and then I could accept
    the fact that it was my lungs giving me trouble, not my weight. Plus, I felt like I fit in somewhere
    with the smokers. What a trade off huh ?? What goes through the minds of young people.

BUT, for you and for all of us who were not able to accomplish this at another time in our life,
    we can do it now. I think we are strong now, we dont give up as easily. We have something
    to fight for.

congrats to you. I too RAN for the first time at the age of 34 when I met my husband. He
    was a runner. I had never run over a minute. He taught me how. Slowly. He told me, we
    weren't racing -- we were just walking fast and enjoying the time. Before you know it we
    were comfortably jogging together. I got such a high !! The best thing I ever inhaled !!

Great job !
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Way to go!!!! <3
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just incredible (and beautifully written). Made me tear up. Thank you! :smile:
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!:happy:
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's the best thing I've heard all day. That made me cry! I'm so happy for you :) Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    what a great NSV!!! and so sweet of that guy to say that to you... I've read a lot of people posting on here that they are scared to run in public because people will be judging them... and I've seen lots of people comment back to those posts that most people will just be thinking "good for you!"... that guy just proved them right :)
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Super awesome!!! Very happy for you:-)!!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That's awesome!! I know that feeling and I'm so glad that guy was there to make your great NSV even better by noticing :happy:
  • AlissaMyron
    Options
    Just so ya'll know, I am about to add every single one of you. You are all such an awesome support system!!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Wow Ali, that is awesome progress. Congrats! :drinker:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I smiled reading this. I can read your happiness. I hope one day I get the same feeling.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Awe! This definitely made me tear up! 1. Because i can imagine what a wonderful feeling that was.2. I can totally see myself being in a similar situation.
    That guy was awesome. I always think things like that when I see people really trying in their workouts, but I'm too shy to approach them. I bet he made your whole week!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You've got this!
  • heish7146
    heish7146 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kids lappingnyou is the most defeating feeling in the world, I just recently started running too. It is the most freeing feeling in the world. Great job lady, keep it up!
  • tinytinam
    tinytinam Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, inspirational story
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That was GREAT!! You did MORE than you planned, and...someone there to give you a good ol' pat-on-the-back!!

That is just soooooo great!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Ali that is awesome, it is also very cool someone was there to witness it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • lovebrit_05
    Options
    I was literally smiling after I read this post because I too remember those days. How insanely goo you must have felt after that comment. Go you!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!