Can anyone HELP???

Options
I have been eating clean, staying within my calories( which aren't cut dramatically) exercising, and feeling great! I have been weighing once a week, and only losing about a pound a week, but i am fine with that....
Soooo i step on the scale this morning and it is up 10 lbs.!!! WHAT!!!! I have been weighing on Monday, but i had a busy day yesterday, so i weighed first thing this morning......i got on and off and on and off... what is going on here!!!
I workout EVERDAY because i enjoy it more than anything, so my calories are around 1700 a day...a few days i will eat more or less, but the average is about that for the week....i have been losing consistantly for the past few weeks, so i figured these calories were about right...plus i am very active...i do not get it!!!
Sooo depressing....makes me want to say forget this and eat a big ol' cake...arrrrgggg!!

Guess i have to change my ticker from 130 to 140lbs :(

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and get on the scale again tomorrow morning bright and early if you can. The scale might be off, u might be retaining weight, u mighta weighed in at a different time. Don't freak out just yet. Try another scale if you can too
  • cindysho
    cindysho Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound right. Check your scale, grab some weights and step on and see if it measures correctly. 10lbs in 1 week, you could have gone on a cruise for that!! I don't believe it.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm with these two, I've gained in one week, but never that much! stick a few weights on there and see if it measures those correctly, also make sure you're weigh-ins are the same every time: same time, the same length of time after a meal, wearing (or not wearing!) the same amount of clothes. I always weigh in the mornings after I take my vitamins and visit the little girls room, just before getting in the shower so I'm in the buff. Also make sure the scale is in the same spot, if you go from tile to carpet you might get a different reading...
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Time for a new scale:tongue:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Let's do a little math here.

In order for that scale to be correct you would have had a calorie surplus of 35,000. I would have a hard time doing that in a week. Since you're 1/3 my size I know you couldn't do that if you lived in the McDonalds drive through.

Like other people said, check the scale and try again tomorrow morning.

But with the amount of weight you're trying to lose I wouldn't expect a loss every week.
    No one see's a loss every week.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Let's do a little math here.

In order for that scale to be correct you would have had a calorie surplus of 35,000. I would have a hard time doing that in a week. Since you're 1/3 my size I know you couldn't do that if you lived in the McDonalds drive through.

Like other people said, check the scale and try again tomorrow morning.

But with the amount of weight you're trying to lose I wouldn't expect a loss every week.
    No one see's a loss every week.
    Agreed.

Sometimes I think all scales should come wrapped in plastic with a warning note saying a few few facts so that it doesn't scare anyone out of their wits.

Like the whole salt thing. :) Heck, let's just have the scales say out loud "Did you have a salty meal last night?"
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    hahaha okay thanks everyone...i kind of sound like an idiot now that i think of all the facts!!! It's just sooo frustrating when you see a gain...especially when you feel like you are doing sooo well!! I went back to the scale...made a few adjustments, and its still up 5 lbs. But rather than eating the cake i kicked my *kitten* with a little cardio kick boxing...feeling much better about the situation:)
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, don't worry, it just is not possible for you to have gained 10 lbs in one week. Keep doing what you're doing and go back next week at your normal weigh-in, you'll see what we mean hehe

but don't feel stupid, it is never pleasant to see an increase, let alone a 10 lb increase!! Talk about scary :laugh:
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Women tend to retain water around their time of the month. Maybe that's it.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Heck, let's just have the scales say out loud "Did you have a salty meal last night?"

*giggle* I would SOOOO buy that scale!