ABS diet?

Options
Anyone here tried it? Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Just did an internet search. My opinion is that "diets" that ask for your money are scams or gimmicks at best. There's nothing you can't do with good healthy foods and good old fashioned exercise. Don't waste your time and money.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Just did an internet search. My opinion is that "diets" that ask for your money are scams or gimmicks at best. There's nothing you can't do with good healthy foods and good old fashioned exercise. Don't waste your time and money.
    I totally agree, stay with MFP !!!!
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have read the book and I would recommend it to anyone. it's not a diet per se. This "diet" revolves around 12 groups of food. You try to work as many of these foods into each meal and snack. I followed the book quite closely for a while and sawsome really good results.

For those who don't know about the author David Zinczenko, he is the editor in chief of Men's health magazine. He is also the author for the Eat This! Not that! book series. Which I think is an outstanding read for anyone.

Take it for what my opinion is worth, but I would say if nothing else the ABS diet book is a good read. You're bound to find some tips or tricks you can use and it's easy to follow.
  • WendiMac2Be
    WendiMac2Be Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOOOOVE the Abs Diet.

No need to pay $... Simply google "12 power foods" and make 3 meals with 3 of them, and 3 snacks with 1. If you sign up for Women's Health weekly e-mails, they have one for the Abs Diet, and it gives you good exercise and recipe tips that follow the abs diet. ALL FOR FREE. Yeah, I've been doing this for a while :) You just have to know where to look.

I am a huge proponent of this, and I can tell when I fall off the wagon cause I totally lose all energy.

Good Luck :D