Yep, this really works!

Options
So I had to come to work today wearing all black because I have a concert tonight. I know black is a slimming color, but FIVE of my coworkers this morning commented on how "skinny" I look! I never thought I'd feel "skinny" at 184.4 lbs, but here I am. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm just so happy with what I've been able to accomplish with this site.
Yay for Mike!

Also, I went downstairs to the cafeteria this morning and walked right up to the perfectly browned sausages, the fluffy biscuits (yes, with gravy), the delicious-looking hash browns, and the scrambled eggs, and I thought to myself, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels," and I took a deep breath and took my two hard-boiled eggs and got out of there. I was SO close to taking the other stuff but nope. Not today.

Just wanted to share! Good luck to everyone. Collectively we're doing awesome!
:smile:

Replies

• melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So I had to come to work today wearing all black because I have a concert tonight. I know black is a slimming color, but FIVE of my coworkers this morning commented on how "skinny" I look! I never thought I'd feel "skinny" at 184.4 lbs, but here I am. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm just so happy with what I've been able to accomplish with this site.
    Yay for Mike!

Also, I went downstairs to the cafeteria this morning and walked right up to the perfectly browned sausages, the fluffy biscuits (yes, with gravy), the delicious-looking hash browns, and the scrambled eggs, and I thought to myself, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels," and I took a deep breath and took my two hard-boiled eggs and got out of there. I was SO close to taking the other stuff but nope. Not today.

Just wanted to share! Good luck to everyone. Collectively we're doing awesome!
    :smile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Yay compliments are so nice....and good for you witht he just say NO! You got to love the little perks in life!!

:flowerforyou:

zen
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I love that feeling! Being asked "are you loosing weight" I say no, it must be my clothing. I get the comments especially when I wear black.

The other feeling that I love is when I can walk right up to a food and grab something completly different and much better for me.

Keep it up. :smile:
  • alimac1972
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm new to this site and I think its great all the support that everyone shouts out to each other. Great job on resisting the temptations!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo you go girl good for you!:tongue: Maybe that will be enough encouragement to help me tonight. It's my sister's birthday party :grumble: all JUNK food
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me!!! I'm pretty sure there's no way I could have walked away from that! You are truly an inspiration. Congratulations and keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow, you just made me hungry listening to all the goodies, you really done good, I'll have to remember your line about nothing tastes as good as thin..feels....thanks:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels,"

That my friend, is an excellent quote. I think I will bring it to mind the next time I am tempted to eat something that I shouldn't. :wink:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels,"

That my friend, is an excellent quote. I think I will bring it to mind the next time I am tempted to eat something that I shouldn't. :wink:

Yes it is an excellent quote! But - just to be clear - it's not mine! I don't want to take the credit. It's something I've read before (on this forum, even) but I like it.

Now, to put things in perspective...(confession time)...last night after my concert we all went out. I had a pint of Killian's and some (gasp, horror) breaded buffalo chicken tenders. :noway: Heh. But I had carrots on the side instead of fries.
    All about moderation, right? :tongue:

But today is a new day, and I will be running and swimming. True, I'd have to swim across Lake Michigan to burn off those tenders (and I *won't* be doing that today, thanks, too much ice), but I made the choice and I have to live with it!