Need some ab workouts to tighten up..."mommy of 2"

Options
I've met my weight goals and i'm sticking with my exercise but I need some help with my stomach. I'm gaining muscle mass everywhere but I want it most in my belly. I have the mommy pouch if you will, nothing crazy but it's there.After having two kids I dont expect my stomach to be completely flat but I don't believe that I can't do any better. I think I need some tried and true techniques. I've done sit ups, they don't really cut it, they just make my back ache. I have the "wall" just not what goes in it lol HELP please :)))

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It really comes down to losing body fat. Lose enough body fat and the abs will be flat. I also find that what I eat influences the way my abs look. Processed carbs and dairy for the most part bloat me. As for exercises, I don't do any true ab exercises except for planks 1-2 times a week. I do a lot of compound moves like squats, lunges, and deadlifts, and I find these use the ab muscles a lot!
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started planks this week,, hoping to see an improvement.
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People who have ever read my posts know I swear by core rhythms dance workout. It really strengthens your core and also incorporates cardio to burn fat. It works ALL your abs. I also like the about workouts on NYC ballet videos because they are about workouts u dont see everywhere else
  • Avistew
    Avistew Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A good ab workout other than planks has been leg raises for me. You start on your back, and you raise both legs at once, straight, until they're 90 degrees from the floor and your body. You leave them there a second, then get them down slowly, not quite to the ground. You leave them right above the ground, and then lift again.

Start with a few and add more reps as you can. Don't do it every day, I used to work my abs every day and would see no progress and get discouraged. Then I was told to work my abs only every other day, so I did and suddenly I made very quick progress.
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have really seen a difference after doing a pop pilates ab video. I saw it on Pinterest and I've been doing some techniques ever since. Let me see if I can find a link for it.

ETA: http://pinterest.com/pin/66217056992119515/
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)