Looking for people who want to lose weight eating real food

Options
suzame
suzame Posts: 11 Member
Hi, I'm relatively new to MFP. I love to cook and love to eat out, and it's not realistic for me to lose weight on diet shakes and lowfat anything. I bake with real butter and I don't use sugar substitutes. Before joining here, I lost 20 pounds eating this way, and now that I am tracking it, I plan on continuing to do so. Anyone else eating real food and losing? Connect with me. I'd love to share diaries and keep each other motivated.

Replies

• roxedy
    roxedy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "real" food and managed to knock-off 60 lbs so far without light/diet/fat-free/etc. Anyone interested in such things are welcome to add me. I'd love to swap tales and motivate. :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm with you. I love to eat real food and have lost 113 pounds in a year doing just that. I eat healthy carbs, lean protein, fruits, veggies, and I like to eat out. I just make sure to log everything. Calories in vs. calories out and good exercise. Please add me if you like.
  • Paul_Hodge
    Options
    Oh, this is so me. My Wife and I use real butter to cook with also. Since joining here I haven't gone after low-fat or diet anything. As keeponkickin said, "calories in, calories out." It really is that simple. I ate 3 pieces of pizza the other day and still lost weight. I planned earlier in the day to spend the calories on pizza, exercised a little, and limited what I ate earlier in the day, and it worked. Simple as that.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    That's me. I'm ashamed of my diary half the time, but I eat like a 10-year-old left home alone for the first time. 37 pounds down though, despite myself!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to use low-fat stuff. I use real butter, and real sugar, and olive oil. I prefer my food to be as natural as possible. I love cooking and I love eating out, although I don't eat out very often.

I do eat a lot of fruit and salads, and some people view those as not real food, so I guess it depends what you are calling 'real food'! And my diary might seem a bit odd, because I have some days when I eat very little and other days when I eat a lot, as that is what works for me - I try to listen to what my body wants. And there are some days where I forget to log my food at all. But you (and anyone) are welcome to add me if you want.
  • soccergirl_64
    Options
    Same here! I'm a foodie at heart and I hate the thought of some of those ridiculous diets out there these days! Although I do try to eat healthy, I sneak in lots of sweets. The key is exercise and moderation! By eating real food and exercising, we can not only get skinny, but get HEALTHY :)
  • Kdhuynh54
    Options
    i cook with real butter, use only real sugar and eat out once a week now. i do however do the meal replacement shake for breakfast...but it's a fruit smoothie or a green smoothie mixed in with protein powder. for me it's come down to portion control and watching what i eat when i go out (i was eating 5000-8000 kcal/day apparently when all i did was eat out). i try to keep my food as natural as possible and cook more at home now. just that alone has made a world of difference for me. well and i picked up cardio 5x/week as well and monitor calories in vs calories expended.
  • rew1469
    rew1469 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very interested in this topic please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm OK with spray margarine (sometimes), but I've got to have real cheese! Obviously, it's pretty calorie dense, but it's still good for me as long as I mind my portions.

I am also very much a maple syrup snob. No fakes! Uh, not that I should be having it anyway.
  • snugautumn
    snugautumn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I so agree.:flowerforyou:
  • marz1pan
    marz1pan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is me exactly! 25 pounds down, and while I have cut back my soda intake, I haven't cut out anything, and I believe that it's worse to eat low-fat or non-fat processed foods then to just eat butter. Not that I don't eat processed foods too! I would love to be friends. We can talk about losing weight while still eating cookies!
  • NadiaKhan17
    Options
    Real food all the way !! Add me if you'd like :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    REal Food Yay:drinker: :bigsmile:

Love real food. Not so much for the shakes unless I am in a rush and quite frankly I don't have any in the cupboard. I eat within my limits of allergies. But its all real food.

Welcome Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I eat real foods as well and love butter and only use sweetner because I'm diabetic and to much sugar is a bad thing for me. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I eat real food! My diary is open. Anyone feel free to add me :smile:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i lost my weight eating real. sometimes a granola bar here and there for breakfast but I only eat real butter if its my choice :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Was Julia Child fat? Did she love butter!!!

Real food is the way to go!!!!

Add me!!!

(bumping so I can add people when I'm on a real computer)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I eat real food, nothing industrial oir processed, includoing sugar.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey. I love to eat! Add me if you like :smile: