Need explanation

Options
DERBS21
DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
Hello, I'm new to this site. I'm trying to figure out everything. If anyone can explain how they figure how much of everything you need daily. Example....is the amounts of protein accurate? Or the Sugar allotment? My sodium says 2,500 however for someone my age I should be getting around 1,500 g of sodium. Is there a way to change the numbers? Why is my Carbs so much higher than my proteins...I'm just confused...Anyone out there who understands these numbers?

Replies

• darlenedmar
    darlenedmar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I guess not. Lol. Hmm maybe we should research that sort of thing.
  • DERBS21
    Options
    Yes, I will get it figured out anyway....just thought someone whose been doing this longer might know or understand it...I know that every ones numbers are going to be different based on age and weight. I can just watch my sodium and sugars. Will be good...:happy:
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    you can tailor it to fit your needs, just go to Home, Goals, Change Goals, Custom, and you can add more categories to the bottom of your diary, like sugar or potassium. You can also tailor your calorie intake as well. I try to set my macros for higher protein and less carbs than MFP suggests.
  • DERBS21
    Options
    Okay thank you so much, this will really help me stick with it. I was also thinking my protein intake should be higher and carbs a little lower. I appreciate you replying.