Does your body adjust to calorie changes?

So I've only been at this for a couple of days and I don't know if this is a valid question or not. My calorie intake is much less than what my body is used to. I feel like I'm ok now because I'm starting out but I can tell my body is freaking out and will start fighting back...ie will make me feel hungry until I bring up my calorie count. So is there a point, if you continue to consume less calories, where your body adjusts to needing less calories or is it forever going to make me want to eat more??

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Yes.
    If you do not eat enough, your body moves into starvation mode by ravaging your muscles mass and storing as much fat as possible.
    If you eat too much, then your body cant burn enough and has no option other than to store all glucose as fat. There is a "sweet spot"

I advise you to research from multiple sources with proven medical studies, talk to a nutritionist, or your doctor for more detailed information
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    i have noticed that it takes less to make me full now..after being on 1200 calories for a month now. I think that is what you're asking. So, I don't notice not being as hungry..but i notice I feel satisfied with less food. I'm thinking maybe a little more time I will move into not being as hungry all the time.
  • pkdo2003
    pkdo2003 Posts: 1 Member
    I have been at this for 2.5 weeks and have not lost anything. I am eating 1200 calories give 100 some days. I walk about an hour a day. I am eating whole foods and no sugar. Does it sometimes take a bit for the weight to come off? I did hcg a few times and lost weight but gained it all back. I thought maybe due to that my body won't lose like it should.
  • Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking. Thanks for replying!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    i have noticed that it takes less to make me full now..after being on 1200 calories for a month now. I think that is what you're asking. So, I don't notice not being as hungry..but i notice I feel satisfied with less food. I'm thinking maybe a little more time I will move into not being as hungry all the time.

I feel like my stomach has shrunken after awhile being on strict diet. I still want to eat more, but much less than I used to eat "normally".