FITBIT OR HRM???

If you had to pick just one which do you think would be more beneficial to your weight loss and why??

Replies

• dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    I have both an HRM and a fitbit. The HRM gives me an accurate measure of calories burned in exercise where the fitbit would only measure my steps. The fitbit is measuring my activity all day long and is comfortable to wear, unlike the HRM which is strapped around my chest. They are different things for different applications.
    To answer your question, if could only have one, it would be the fitbit because over the long term my overall daily activity level is more important than the bursts of energy expended during a short workout.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    I have both an HRM and a fitbit. The HRM gives me an accurate measure of calories burned in exercise where the fitbit would only measure my steps. The fitbit is measuring my activity all day long and is comfortable to wear, unlike the HRM which is strapped around my chest. They are different things for different applications.
    To answer your question, if could only have one, it would be the fitbit because over the long term my overall daily activity level is more important than the bursts of energy expended during a short workout.

This.....
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    bump
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Depends on what you're using it for. I have both. Use the fitbit for everyday, sleep tracking and any step focused exercised (running, etc.). Use the HRM for non-step focused exercises that the fitbit doesn't track as well.