What a Difference a Word Makes...

Options
ishallnotwant
ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
Mentally, at least. Since January, have been (very) slowly plugging away at losing weight. I am not quite sure what my ultimate goal is. I'm adjusting it as I go. I broke my larger goals into mini goals (5 to 10 pounds at a time). My first "large" weight goal was to get myself out of the overweight category on the BMI scale. (I know, BMI isn't terribly accurate but it gave me something reasonable to shoot for.)

When I started in January, my BMI was 29.1-less than 1 point away from an obese BMI for my height. This morning, for the first time in a few years, I weighed in at a "normal" weight and BMI (24.8!) I got *very* close to this weight last year but didn't quite make it there before I fell off the wagon and put all the weight back on. I am officially not in the "overweight" category anymore!! :happy: I know that probably sounds silly, but mentally it just felt so great! I've made my first "big" (weight) goal! (I put big in quotes because I know compared to some of you it was not really very big, but to me it WAS big! :smile: )

My next goal weight is about 11.4 pounds away. I'm 5 foot 5.5 inches and my next goal is 140 pounds. When I hit that goal I will re-evaluate again to see if I need to lose any more.

Anyways, Yay!! Cheers to not being "overweight" anymore! :drinker:

Replies

• Netterz0087
    Netterz0087 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    great work I'm in the obese area and i hate it!!! my MBI is 34.5 and my BMR calories is 1,483 I'm only using 1200 calories! I'm 4.5 away from that ugly word!
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good work. That was my first goal--get out of the overweight mark. You work hard and deserve to celebrate.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats to you! I, too, am looking to change my BMI to a healthy number instead of setting my goal on the scale. I want to be out of the overweight category. Thanks for sharing. Are you on a 1200 calorie plan and do you exercise?
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, friends! :)
    great work I'm in the obese area and i hate it!!! my MBI is 34.5 and my BMR calories is 1,483 I'm only using 1200 calories! I'm 4.5 away from that ugly word!

4.5!! You're so close! Great job!
    That's awesome! Congrats to you! I, too, am looking to change my BMI to a healthy number instead of setting my goal on the scale. I want to be out of the overweight category. Thanks for sharing. Are you on a 1200 calorie plan and do you exercise?

Thank you! :smile: I'm not on the 1200 calorie plan, i'm allowed 1520 daily before exercise. I have mine set to 1/2 pound loss per week. I don't always eat up to my 1500 but sometimes I eat that much and more. When I first started in January I had it set to 1200, but it was just too much as I started working out longer and harder, so I upped my calories. I try to work out on a regular basis: walking, running, cycling, taking classes at my gym and occasionally using the gym machines.

My food and exercise journals are both public if you would like to check them out. :flowerforyou:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Congrats ...... great results from hard work !
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    That's great! You should be so proud of everything you've accomplished. It takes a lot of hard work to get where you are. I'm still in the "obese" category myself, but working towards "normal" every day!
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good job! I also started in the overweight category, but now I am considered "normal"! I still want to lose 14 more pounds, but I agree, it's a really good feeling to have a different "word" to describe you!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    love it! great work!
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your food diary. That really helps me. I had a bad day today, like 2000 calories instead of my 1200. But I'm done eating for today and will start back on the 1200 calorie diet tomorrow. If I choose carefully, I really am satisfied, but today we were out and about all day long, and, well, I simply ate too much. I plan on walking for exercise again this week.
    Good for you, though! You are so close to your goal! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!