what to get at olive gardren?!?

Options

Replies

• ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What you'll enjoy and will somewhat fit your leftover calories and macros. Browse the menu online. http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/

Personally, I love the Ravioli di Portabella, always have, and was pretty happy to find that it's lower cal than a lot of the other menu items at 670 calories. Although the Venetian Apricot Chicken looks pretty good at only 400 calories.

I don't go to Olive Garden often, so when I do, there's no way in hell I'm going to pass up the breadsticks. Don't care how many calories are in those suckers. I love them and will eat them.

And I'm not going to a restaurant to have plain grilled and steamed anything. I can do that at home. If I'm paying someone else to cook it, it's gonna have a lot of flavor!

The sodium is the big issue. Don't weigh yourself for a few days after, because you will probably retain fluid and show a temporary gain on the scale.
    I agree 100%
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Ravioli di Portabello..It's filling and reasonable on calories.

Skip the breadsticks..While they are yummy, they're close to 200 calories each! EEK!
  • todietfor
    Options
    something from the gluten-free menu seems like best bet http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Gluten-Allergen/
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Definitely salad but they will add their house dressing if you don't tell them to leave it off. It's an oil vinagrette. Maybe a little soup or a small entre. Try not to eat the pasta or heavy sauces loaded with calories, oil and salt. And remember you don't have to eat it all today-get a togo box. Have fun!
  • cmjolley1912
    Options
    I used to eat the Tour of Italy, salad to start and breadsticks, raspberry lemonade and of course the cheesecake at the end. No wonder I'm over 100 lbs overweight now. x
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Tour of Italy, salad to start and breadsticks, raspberry lemonade and of course the cheesecake at the end. No wonder I'm over 100 lbs overweight now. x

I get a similar dinner when I go. I'm still losing weight. The key is that I don't eat like that every day.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Food.....just get water and you should be fine
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    You should be on their website reading the nutritional values on all the dishes and working into your day. If you want my honest opinion I'd say get the lasagna because it's awesome...but really it's up to you to do the research and planning.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    According to many MFPers, it doesn't really matter what you get...

...just as long as you get it in moderation.

But personally, I'd get the Mixed Grill (and skip the breadsticks/pasta).
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was always afraid to go eat there but my family wanted to go and so we went and i was shocked at how many calories everything had ,but i found the parmesan crusted tilapia with angel hair pasta and veggies was delish and like 590 calories. or theres a herb grilled salmon

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
    Oven-baked delicate white fish crusted with parmesan cheese. Served with Italian vegetables over angel hair tossed in a light garlic-butter sauce. 590 cal.

Herb-Grilled Salmon
    Salmon filet brushed with Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil. Served with seasoned broccoli. 510 cal.
  • snugautumn
    snugautumn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always order what are my favorites than I eat a quarter or half & take the rest home.:flowerforyou:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    When i went there, I used my phone app to see how many calories each dish had. I ended up getting pasta with shrimp. I had the waiter box up half of it before he brought it to the table. I also had only 2 bread sticks, after I read how many calories they had!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Get "outta there!" haha

But really just ask the waiter for a low calorie/carb option.

I personally would get whatever I want and enjoy my night....then hardcore it at the gym the next day :)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    see if they'll let you use a phone so you can call and make reservations at a good italian place.
    HAHAHA
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I always get the soup, salad & breadstick combo. I'm eating at least one of those d*mn breadsticks even if they are a boatload of calories. The soup balances it all out.

Apricot Chicken is always a safe bet too.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I personally would get whatever I want and enjoy my night....then hardcore it at the gym the next day :)

This exactly. :)
  • r5wr
    r5wr Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who hand helpful comments!! I did ask.for people to.criticize my choice in restruants. Anyways.. I got the lemon_herb grilled chicken with steamed veggies. And the chicken gnocci soup. Water with lemon and OMW bread stick :)) I could never eat a full meal.there!! Barley half! Lol. The boyfriend had the same soup and pasta are the whole thing plus all but the one bread stick.I had plus soup. I hate him he's a friggen twig -___- lol
  • r5wr
    Options
    Lucky for me I've never been big on soda except rootbeer so I always get water. But some of.the fruity drinks.often tempt me. But I.figure of I.want fruity just got get some real.fruit :)
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend is taking me to olive garden for dinner, any suggestions on Wth to get to go with my losing weight? I've only ate subway today.

If you're getting a pasta, suggest one with a tomato-based sauce (such as spaghetti) instead of a cream-based sauce (such as an Alfredo). The calorie count is listed on the menu.
  • r5wr
    Options
    Oh and I decided to weigh myself though o was waiting till day ten of 30 DS because I was everyday and it wasn't moving but wanted to know what damage I did..it went down .6 !! Super excited