Do you agree with this opinion?

2»

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Ah, no. I'm a real person. I go to the gym to sweat and push heavy objects around, not for a fashion show.

Oh, and BTW, OP... Your avatar is awesome. :happy:
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    i agree women should always look nice.

that doesnt mean when you sweat that you dont look nice or that you shouldnt work out hard. it doesnt mean you have to be prissy or dainty. just as women say "i want a MAN" or "this is what a man does or acts like," that means there are rules, responsibility and roles. therefore women have them also; and 1 of them is to look nice...as often as possible. thats part of what makes y'all so awesome.

MY 2 cents
    (no right or wrongs here just OPINION(s), ya know)
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373

that doesnt mean when you sweat that you dont look nice or that you shouldnt work out hard. it doesnt mean you have to be prissy or dainty. just as women say "i want a MAN" or "this is what a man does or acts like," that means there are rules, responsibility and roles. therefore women have them also; and 1 of them is to look nice...as often as possible. thats part of what makes y'all so awesome.

MY 2 cents

exactly
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member

MY 2 cents

I disagree. Not completely, but I don't think it's should be a "woman" thing but a "human" thing.

Everyone should make an effort to look presentable, because everyone feels better when they do. Men don't get a free pass on being Captain Sweatpants, especially if they expect the women in their lives to make an effort to look pretty.

And I'm not talking about designer clothes or the latest fads or any of that crap. Bath regularly and wear laundered clothes in good condition that fit you and are appropriate to the activity you're doing. Whether you're a man or a woman.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    i saw that post too and i thought she sounded like a bit of a basic *****.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member

MY 2 cents

I disagree. Not completely, but I don't think it's should be a "woman" thing but a "human" thing.

Everyone should make an effort to look presentable, because everyone feels better when they do. Men don't get a free pass on being Captain Sweatpants, especially if they expect the women in their lives to make an effort to look pretty.

And I'm not talking about designer clothes or the latest fads or any of that crap. Bath regularly and wear laundered clothes in good condition that fit you and are appropriate to the activity you're doing. Whether you're a man or a woman.

i totally agree with the both.. wasn't feelin the sexist undertones in the first post
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    I can't say I agree, but then again this has been a long-standing ideal for women. Look pretty, say nothing. (and no I'm not saying that person meant that, I'm talking about how women were "meant" to be pre-women's rights and feminism)

In this day and age, it should be more about what the woman herself wants. If she wants to look pretty all of the time, let her. If there are some days or places she doesn't feel like putting on makeup or making herself look drop dead gorgeous, then hey. In the end we're at a stage where women have more command of their bodies and can do as they please, even if we don't agree with why or what they're doing.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    I think that particular statement was a bit of sarcasm.

I read the original post and sarcastic was how I read that comment as well.

But then, I'm not really bothered about what I look like, don't wear make up, only do my hair for work and am happiest in jeans, t-shirt and flip flops.