Losing weight while Breastfeeding

Options
Someone please help me understand this...MFP set my daily goal to 1290 due to my sedentary lifestyle. Since I am exclusively breastfeeding I minus 500 cal in my food diary which will ultimately bring my net cal to 1790 by the end of the day. Today I worked out and earned something like 543 cal which would bring my net cal up to 2333 for the day. Am I really supposed to eat 2333 cal today? I want to lose the weight, but I don't want to hurt my milk supply either. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Someone please help me understand this...MFP set my daily goal to 1290 due to my sedentary lifestyle. Since I am exclusively breastfeeding I minus 500 cal in my food diary which will ultimately bring my net cal to 1790 by the end of the day. Today I worked out and earned something like 543 cal which would bring my net cal up to 2333 for the day. Am I really supposed to eat 2333 cal today? I want to lose the weight, but I don't want to hurt my milk supply either. Thank you in advance!

My initial goal is 1200. I make sure to eat at least 1700 calories before factoring in what I burn exercising. If I don't eat back at least half of it, I tend to have less milk the next day.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Eat that much if you're hungry for that much.. lol I don't think you should think about it too much. I'm breastfeeding.. and not working out and not really watching what I eat for that matter.. I would be if the weight weren't melting away.. but I'm losing 2 pounds a day and my milk supply is increasing daily.. I'm breastfeeding my third child and he's 9 days old. :) I eat when I'm hungry but sometimes force myself to drink plenty of water cause I'm not fond of water as it is. Well.. complicated answer shortened......... if you eat 1700 calories for the day and feel full then stop.. your body will tell you if it needs more or not. :) Hope this helps.