Hello.

chinh
chinh Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Chinh, I join a little while back but never really dug into it. About two weeks ago I did my physical and bloodwork.

Came back with High triglycerides (527!), but everything else was about average, maybe just a little elevated. my HDL was at 33 (a little too low)

I'm 5'6" --I've been skinny most of my life (around 110), about 7 years ago--I used to do weights, so I started to eat unhealthly and later at night to put pounds on.... after a while I got up to 130ish, and still be able to bench about 150lbs w/reps. After that year I pretty much stopped weight-lifiting but still ate a little unhealthly. About 3 years ago, I guess my matabolism slowed down and I became more inactive (drive to work, work, drive home, eat dinner, watch tv, sleep, repeat)
Now my weights tipping 164 lbs. Mostly fat around my belly and face.

So now I'm trying to get back on track. starting off a little slow and easy, but I need to get my Trigs down.

I'm 32

Cholesterol total 205
Triglycerides 527
HDL 33
LDL Undetermined b/c of high Triglycerides
Glucose, serum 82
Calcium, serum 10.0

I am a smoker (1-3 cigs a day, up to 5 on weekends)
I love sweet candy, but i cut that down to just a few a week.
I drink about 2 can cokes a day, but I do drink 1-2 cups of water too (i know thats not enough but I atlease do)

I eat fastfoods for lunch every day for a week and rotate to eating slicebread and coldcut meats with mustard for a week (to save money)
and powder donuts for breakfest w/water.

Now for the last week, it's been quakeroats apple&cinna bars. Grill chicken Caeser salade for lunch.
limited meats and rice for dinner.

I love eating meat/soysauce/rice, but I'm trying to cut that down as much as possible. I'm also trying to cut down to 1 coke a day (usually for dinner) with a 45-60min walk after dinner.

This is my story, and hope i sick with it --- better eating and exercising.
This discussion has been closed.