I eat right...I just can't start my daily work out

Options
help me find the motivation I used to have. I want to do it, but end up doing other things instead :(
How do I get the ball rolling?

Replies

• Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    It's simple. Get into you're car and get to the gym.

I know the feeling. I fight with myself about going to the gym through out the day. It's just getting there that's the hard part.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. Between work and the kids and cooking, etc. I just want to sit on the couch and veg after the kids go to bed. I have established routines before, but end up getting sick or something and abandon them.

You just have to get up and do it. Change into your workout clothes instead of sitting on the couch (or whatever it is you do instead of exercise). Figure out what kind of exercise you like. If you don't like it, you'll never stick to it. Also, figure out what time of day works best for you. Lunch time? After dinner? Before breakfast? It's different for everyone.

Good luck - hopefully we can both start to get up and get moving! Maybe I'll take my own advice now because it's what worked before. :smile:
  • texaricangirasol
    texaricangirasol Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    what other things do you end up doing and what is your daily workout supposed to be?

You have to tell yourself that this particular time of the day is for you and only you. There are people that having a schedule helps and there are people that need to be spontaneous. And you need to adjust according to your personality. If you hate schedules and are trying to schedule your workout, then that may not workout for long. If you need to do it on the whim then make little changes at a time. Park further out in a parking lot, start by going to check the mailbox and if the weather is nice go walking for a while, etc.
  • kueher
    kueher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The hardest part about working out is getting started! Once you get the ball rolling, it's a lot easier. You don't necessarily have to go to the gym and engage in an intense work-out, but start small with simple things like walking around the block, or take the stairs instead of the elevator. It's really the small choices that you make that can lead to the bigger choices. Encourage a friend or partner to work out with you.

My group of friends recently started a "Biggest Loser" challenge. They put in $20 into a pot; the person who loses the most percentage of their body weight wins the pot. Try doing this with a group of friends to get you started!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If you are just looking to lose weight you do not need to exercise. You lose weight with a calorie deficit. The exercise is for health and toning up. I lost the first 70 lbs of my loss with absolutely no exercise. I picked up the exercise because I was tired of being winded walking up the stairs.