can you judge my food?

Options
124»

Replies

• miniveganprincess
    Options
    It had butter on it and that's disgusting. Butter is gross and I don't need it. I eat very little carbs. Just because im on vacation right now doesn't mean I need to be fat and selfish and indulge like some people. That's just called being fat.

I can't tell if you are trolling to be a b**** or if you seriously have a problem. Either way, you're coming off like a b****.
    If you do seriously have a problem, go get therapy and stop relying on strangers on the internet.

i'm coming off as a ***** because of butter.
    lol.
    ok.

Orthorexia nervosa (also known as orthorexia) is not mentioned in the DSM[a] first used by Steven Bratman to characterize people who develop an obsession with avoiding foods perceived to be unhealthy.[1][2] Orthorexia nervosa is believed to be a mental disorder.[3] Bratman claims that in rare cases, this focus may turn into a fixation so extreme that it can lead to severe malnutrition or even death.[4] Even in less severe cases, the attempt to follow a diet that cannot provide adequate nourishment is said to lower self-esteem as the orthorexics blame themselves rather than their diets for their constant hunger and the resulting cravings for forbidden foods. [5]
    In 2009, Ursula Philpot, chair of the British Dietetic Association and senior lecturer at Leeds Metropolitan University,[6] described people with orthorexia nervosa to The Guardian as being "solely concerned with the quality of the food they put in their bodies, refining and restricting their diets according to their personal understanding of which foods are truly 'pure'." Compared to other eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, whereby people "focus on quantity of food".[3]
    The term orthorexia derives from the Greek ορθο- (ortho, "right" or "correct"), and όρεξις (orexis, "appetite"), literally meaning a correct diet. It was introduced in 1997 by Doctor of Medicine Steven Bratman, to be used as a parallel with other eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa.

That is why I was freaking out.
    Now go away.
    If I could just go to therapy I would, You have no idea what I go through and if you had no one like me and didn't know what to do, wouldn't you at least TRY and ask someone on the internet. geez.

I love the "you don't know what I go through." You're such a victim. I guess you know everything I've been through right?

Stop asking for help from strangers on the internet if you aren't willing to take it. You obviously know the problem, you have proven that above. The internet is not the place to get the kind of help you need.

Good luck with your journey.

ETA: It's your profile saying "CW 83lbs, GW 50lbs" that makes you seem like a troll. You should probably change that if you want to be taken seriously.

why would i change my goal weight.. thats what i want..
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    PS2CR said it perfectly. Good luck in your journey to health.