Oh man...

Options
The past weeks I had been doing so well! I was down four lbs and continuing to do well. And then everything went downhill: I was totally stressing out about me GREs, and then afterwards so relieved that the weekend at a birthday party i ate SO much (it was REAL NJ Italian food- I couldn't resist!), and probably had a feww too many drinks. The next week I was still swamped with schoolwork, but managed to squeeze in a few 30 day shreds. However, this past weekend my boyfriend came and cooked all these yummy meals for me- I don't see him that much and it was so nice of him, I had to eat them! I tried to portion myself, which i think i did for the most part. Oh yeah, there were also the Halloween cupcakes I made for my roommates, which I found up "tasting".

Today, I finally found my way back to the gym. When I weighed myself (i have no scale at home) I was only up one pound! So, down 3 total. That isn't the ideal situation, but I feel that for all my binging the past few weeks, the damage wasn't too bad! Now, its time to really start getting back on track. i'm signed up to run a 5k on thanksgiving!!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Make the commitment to yourself. Stress will always exist in life. Learning to use exercise in stress management is key, imo. Sugary sweets will always exist so learn to moderate. Boyfriend, as wonderful as he is, must understand he needs to try to make lower calorie dishes, or at least understand when you eat smaller portions of higher calorie items and not take any offense. :flowerforyou: Get back on track and have fun on that 5k!