P90X support

Options
I have worked rotating shiftwork all my life. 13 hour days. With a 45 minute drive one way to work, this left little time to workout. I have used my Bowflex 4-5 times a week for the past 3 years, I also get on my elliptical 30-45 minutes most days.

I have long wanted to do P90X but didn't think I could commit 6 days a week for over an hour a day for 3 months while working 13 hours a day. Recently I was promoted into a position where I will be working Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day. So I finally purchased P90X and will be starting the same day I start at my new position. August 20th.

I have a few questions that I would like to know the opinions of P90X alumni.

Do you take the P90X supplements and do you think they help?
Do you use their protein bars or a different brand?
Do you drink their Results and Recovery drink?

Are any of these products helpful or just hype and something else for Beachbody to make their money off of?
How important is it to follow their diet plan? The number of calories allowed seemed pretty low to me for the amount of calories I would think I would be burning.

What were your results? Would you do it again?

I really want to shape/mold my body into what I have always envisioned it should be. I am fairly fit already but still am carrying an extra 10 pounds, hope P90X is the solution I have been looking for.

Replies

• ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have worked rotating shiftwork all my life. 13 hour days. With a 45 minute drive one way to work, this left little time to workout. I have used my Bowflex 4-5 times a week for the past 3 years, I also get on my elliptical 30-45 minutes most days.

I have long wanted to do P90X but didn't think I could commit 6 days a week for over an hour a day for 3 months while working 13 hours a day. Recently I was promoted into a position where I will be working Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day. So I finally purchased P90X and will be starting the same day I start at my new position. August 20th.

Do you take the P90X supplements and do you think they help? I use Shakeology, Results and Recovery and Energy and Endurance (nutrition- recovery and pre-workout)
    Do you use their protein bars or a different brand? You can use theirs or any kind with WHEY protein, no SOY!
    Do you drink their Results and Recovery drink? I love their recovery drink- works great!

Are any of these products helpful or just hype and something else for Beachbody to make their money off of? I already work for the company and if you put the work in, you WILL make money- at minimum at least pay for your supplements
    How important is it to follow their diet plan? The number of calories allowed seemed pretty low to me for the amount of calories I would think I would be burning. 80% of your body changing is nutrition- you don't have to do it perfectly but if you want to get lean, high protein is a must. ( I can give you a menu to follow)

What were your results? Would you do it again? I had great results- I did P90X and P90X2. Currently doing Body Beast to gain more muscle.

I really want to shape/mold my body into what I have always envisioned it should be. I am fairly fit already but still am carrying an extra 10 pounds, hope P90X is the solution I have been looking for.

Let me work with you and I will show you how to even work with others if you wish. I started a group on here for support...
    The group is called P90X/Insanity The Game Changers

Commitment is as follows:
    Go through our 3 STEPS TO SUCCESS! (3 emails to follow…easy)
    Step 1 is introduce yourself, give your goals along with your reason for taking this on.
    Step 2 is get set-up so you have information, tips, menus and easy access to everything.
    Step 3 is get a sample menu on what to eat!
    Check in DAILY

1) Use MyFitnessPal daily to log calories
    2) Use MyFitnessPal daily to log total water intake (super important to overall health, digestion, weight loss and energy levels)
    3) Commit to a workout program of P90X and/or Insanity
    4) Log workout in Exercise area of MyFitnessPal
    5) Log in our area called “DAILY CHECK-IN LOG” (log day x of 60 or 90 and give yourself grade for how you ate that day) for accountability, team work and motivation which leads to RESULTS!
    6) Share insights, get menu ideas, tips and relate to other people’s experience.
    Finish the program and be put up on our HALL OF FAME! Shows your success!

Together we stand!

Shawn D Muth
    Body transformation expert coach
    Personal trainer of 20+yrs
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. How do I find/join the group?

Edit, I found the group. I will be looking into it, thanks.
  • Vermilliana
    Vermilliana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE P90X. I work graveyard shifts and run after an 8 year old the rest of the time and for the longest time I thought that that would hinder me. Fact is, using it has made my body more durable, more capable of dealing with stress and fatigue and has helped me in more ways than I can count...physically and psychologically. Granted, I shift the schedule around a bit, but I still do something every day and make SURE I do the Yoga X once a week..its far more important than you may give it credit for.
    As for the supplements, I dont know. I make my own protien smoothies which work for me and have recently added creatine to the mix for a little extra muscle push. The calories via the diet plan are prefect, IMO. If level 1 leaves you hungry and dizzy, then do level two, but follow the guide. It makes sense, the food is yummy and hold yourself accountable for everything you put in your mouth, Don't waste calories on crap you Want, feed your body the yummy, healthy things that it Needs.

Best of luck on it, you have the support of a random stranger *L* Have a great day!
  • JulieisaC
    JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You don't need their supplements, and if you already eat healthy, you probably don't need any at all with the exception of protein in phase one. I don't follow their meal/portion plan, but eat within macronutrient ratios that I track via MFP. I found that www.teamripped.com (thanks to another MFP friend) has great instructions on altering settings to do this. I personally haven't because I cycle my calories and track weekly. Sounds like at your fitness level, you're not going to need to do much other than pop in the videos and perhaps stick to phase 1 nutrition until you've lost those 10 baby lbs you have...
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Are any of these products helpful or just hype and something else for Beachbody to make their money off of?
    How important is it to follow their diet plan? The number of calories allowed seemed pretty low to me for the amount of calories I would think I would be burning.

I drink Shakeology and have been for two years and will continue to drink it. Its just seems to work for me in many ways. I did a tub of the Results and Recovery formula and to be honest with you noticed a tiny difference but not enough to continue buying it. I'd had a P90X bar and it was ok but I have never purchased the box. I do take their Activ Vit vitamins and have to say those too work for me. The only vitamin I have ever been able to take on an empty stomach and not get sick from. It doesn't suggest you take it on an empty stomach I just do it.

Beachbody is definitely out to make money we all know that. And the whole thing with being a Beachbody coach and going out and giving advice etc when you are completely out of shape and have zero experience is why I left that forum 6 days ago. I got tired of the arrogance and the bullshi*. Everyone thinking they're top dog and know what they're talking about but yet they're 100 pounds over weight. I just can't get into that at all. With that being said though I do have many of their workout programs and have enjoyed everyone single one of them. I love Shaun T and do believe he is a true professional and not out there trying to kiss anyone's *kitten* or force you into other things. Tony Horton is cool too in that way. Chalene Johnson spends way too much time promoting all the get rich seminars and shi*t and she too now bugs me even though I do have her workouts and liked them.
    P90X will for sure get you in good shape if you lift the right amount of weights and get a chin up bar. Don't waste time with the bands.
    I have never once followed any of their Nutrition Guides because they are more carbs then I ever plan on eating and they eat breads and stuff that I just don't eat. But they do look like they are thought out well enough and you probably would benefit from following the cookbook and recipes for the program you choose. Its all decent foods.

I have a Love Hate relationship with Beachbody lately and that is how I ended up here. Have to say I enjoy it here a lot more than their forums. Every effing person wants to add you and then begs you to change coaches and have them be your coach and I was starting to fight with people and ready to kick their *kitten*. Get P90X its a good program. Can't tell you anything about Yoga X or Kenpo X. I never once did Yoga X don't have 90 minutes to do Yoga, I hate Yoga and Kenpo X was a joke to me. I have been kickboxing and stuff for 11 years and that was just a complete waste of my time and didn't do anything for me so I stopped using it after the second time.

Good luck to you and wish you all the best. P90X2 is even more awesomer ( I know that's not a word) than P90X) I guess what I don't like about Beachbody are their coaches. Other than that I don't care what they do to make money. That's the way of the world is to get out there and make money. I just totally disagree with the whole coaching thing over there. Unless the actual person is a fitness expert in the real world and not on some chat forum then I might listen to what they had to say.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Anastasia hits the nail on the head: P90X great, Beachbody's "Coach" thing not so much!

I'm in the UK, so totally immune to their products, marketing, coaches, whatever. Any carb:protein snack that is 4:1 will do post-workout. I had a ham and cheese sandwich yesterday. I do mostly have a protein shake mix I bought off the internet post training because it is mixed and drunk before I hit the shower. But you could easily get the ratio's another way.....

The most important thing with P90X is getting the weights dialed in: Don't cheat yourself by not pushing hard. Up the weights at every opportunity, track everything on the worksheets and try to up the numbers (either reps or weights depending upon the move) where you can. You will surprise yourself, I guarantee! Make sure you also dial in the food side: this site will help with that. If you feel like crap, make sure your getting enough calories to fuel the workouts. But don't go mad and eat everything you lay your eyes on (believe me, when you're working this hard you feel tired and hungry all the time and that can make for bad eating habits).

Kenpo X is, if you've any martial arts experience, lame. But if you're already a martial artist, you can sub in your own routine, so this shouldn't matter too much. If you're not a martial artist, you'll probably get an ok calorie burn from it. Try it first, if it challenges you, fine. If not, pick up an actual class somewhere and break out your inner Chuck Norris!

Although Anastasia seems eminently sensible about almost everything, ignore her completely about the Yoga. It's probably the thing that brings everything together. Flexibility is only one aspect of yoga, it also targets your stabiliser muscles which don't get such a good workout with all the isolated muscle work in the other discs. If you suck at it, don't hate it! Take that as a sign that you need to get on it.....

I also totally agree about X2, which I would recommend after you've done a few rotations of P90X. It's a slightly different animal, but knits you together into a functional unit. Plus it has a much better yoga routine (that is 25 minutes shorter, which pleases some people!). I'm almost through X2 now and the thought of finishing it makes me a bit sad, so I know I'm really enjoying it!

Oh, and to summarise: You don't need the BB products to do the programme. I had an amazing increase in strength after P90X (and the main reason I did the programme was to rebuild the muscle around my shoulder joint after I messed it up in an accident) and could do some pretty nifty stuff like corn cob pull-ups that I couldn't have done even before my shoulder injury. I would definitely recommend the programme to anyone: if you put in the effort, it will reward you. But at the end of the day, you will determine the results you get from it. I wish you luck!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I am on my second round of P90X and have just purchased P90X plus. Very excited to add that. I own tons of work out video's because all my working out is done at home. Without fail I am always falling back to P90X. It is my favorite and where I have gotten the most results. I dont follow their meal plan. I just use MFP because I do believe in calories in vs. calories out with a concentration on protein intake. I just recently started using their recovery drink. You don't need this if you like chocolate milk. Will give you the same thing. I just use it because I like it and it tastes good. Don't use any of their other supplements. My main goal everyday is to take in huge protein. My weigh divided by two.
  • jlilangel
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and I am a product of the product. I am not 100 pounds overweight and I have a lot of experience in fitness and exercise, including being a certified personal trainer. I am pretty fit and specifically, with the help of TurboFire, P90x, Shakeology and my running, I have lost a lot of weight and toned up even more than I would have without them. Yes, Beachbody is a business, but many of the coaches have done several of the programs and are proof that the programs work. I am not here to change anybody's mind or push a program on anybody but please understand that myself and MANY of my fellow coaches are fit and have benefited, in more ways than one, from the Beachbody company. No matter what, do what works for you. Push yourself, set those goals and achieve them. For me, it's P90x, TurboFire and Shakeology. I am also a Zumba instructor and a first-degree black belt in karate, so I am not just pigeon-holed with Beachbody and like to be active in general everyday. Good luck with those who are doing P90x and P90x2. I'm going to do Plyometrics now. Bring it and have a great day!!!
  • jimmmer
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and I am a product of the product. I am not 100 pounds overweight and I have a lot of experience in fitness and exercise, including being a certified personal trainer. I am pretty fit and specifically, with the help of TurboFire, P90x, Shakeology and my running, I have lost a lot of weight and toned up even more than I would have without them. Yes, Beachbody is a business, but many of the coaches have done several of the programs and are proof that the programs work.

Thing is: I don't know what a "coach" is in America. But in the UK, it's not a salesman or women. There are scores of people who sign up as coaches to get discounts on their products, who don't have the first clue about physiology, or any other aspects of fitness beyond Beachbody marketing blurb they may have read. They are certainly not qualified in any sense I understand it to professionally advise people about health and fitness issues. As a certified fitness instructor yourself, you must know the difference between the two. Now BB are coming out with their P90X certification programme, I think they seeks to redress this state of affairs. Now they are trying to produce coaches who are actually certified in the fact that they've been through a curriculum and been tested and can get out into gyms and instruct people professionally (and maybe hawk a few products along the way - nothing wrong with that, btw)

You also don't need "coaches" to prove the products work. The products do work. In fact, any fitness regime where you eat less calories than you burn, will work. But these programmes are challenging, well put together, are variable and include built in recovery and flexibility work. They would have made a ton of money from their videos alone. P90X and Insanity must have taken a pretty penny. Unfortunately, people are more and more being turned off of BB nowadays due to the Coach marketing thing. It's a shame because the product's a gem....

Anyway, this is a bit of a thread-jack and has nothing to do with the OP's main thrust.....
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Yes, Beachbody is a business, but many of the coaches have done several of the programs and are proof that the programs work.
    Not disrespecting you by any means so please don't take it like that. But that part of your comment right there is what I am talking about. I have done many of their programs starting with Yoga Booty Ballet years ago. I have done Insanity three times, the Asylum three times, P90X and X2, Les Mills Pump, Chalene Extreme, Rev Abs, Turbofire and a few others, so what? How does that now make me educated enough to go out and give people advice on what to do or not to do? All I can do is tell you what worked for me.
    That is what I hate about Beachbody. They allow people to fricking become a coach that are seriously out of shape or need to lose 80 or more pounds and they're totally ok with that cause you're making them money. SO unprofessional imo. And I am NOT in ANY way speaking negatively about people who are overweight at all so please don't think that, but come on now? Why would I listen to a man or woman who are that out of shape give me advice? I trust that they liked the programs and believe it when they tell me it worked for them, I can see that with my own eyes, but that's about all I see.
    If you decide to go out and become a professional fitness expert or a nutritionist after your Beachbody experience fine, but 85% of them don't and stay at one diamond coaching cause they're too lazy, or uneducated to go out and get up to like 15 stars, or whatever it that some of those successful ones are at now.
    Most of the BB coaches admit to signing up to get the discount and that's bullshi* right there. Why the hell would I give that coach a percentage of my Shakeology money to sit on his or her *kitten* doing nothing more to get educated? I am so against giving these coaches my money that I have stopped doing home direct and buy my shi* monthly now, AND pay the S&H and use a different email each time because I refuse to give these people, coaches, any of my money. I've been around Beachbody long enough to know that I ain't down with all of their ideas. There workout programs are awesome and Shakeology really has changed a lot in me but my coach still to date has never once even posted. F all of that lol. Then I signed up with Coach Jimmy and guess what? Never heard from him and have sent messages. He's like in the Insanity video and he is a successful coach but where is he at? He isn't active on the forums and he's a stay at home father, he has the time.

There are only a couple or really good coaches at Beachbody in my opinion and those are the massive diamond or whatever they are, 15 diamond coaches and I hate to say it, I still wouldn't take exercise tips from them at all, well I might because of they're dedication at least. People like Coach Jimmy though, just because he was 100 pounds overweight years ago and now made it into an Insanity video doesn't mean he has the background in nutrition and exercise. He's just telling you what worked for him. He is a very nice sweet guy though, I will give him that. Ugh I am so glad I left that website lol. I do love their products and will continue to drink Shakeology but no more BB forum for me.

I promise I am not picking on you, I am just replying to you because you're a coach over there and you must know a little of what I am talking about. You've had to of seen it yourself. And I just recently left that place 6 days ago today and still annoyed about some stuff lol. I am sorry to go on a rant like that but my experiences with BB lately are not good ones and I finally see why others are leaving and how people can talk bad about them. I use to always be like, "OMG how could you say that about Beachbody this is the best place ever, I will come hunt you down and...." you know the rest. I have finally seen the light, it just took me a few years.

People who call themselves coaches should not have ANY amount of weight to lose, that is my point I suppose.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    People who call themselves coaches should not have ANY amount of weight to lose, that is my point I suppose.

Well, this is not really the thing that is wrong here. You may have a medal-winning Olympic athlete being coached by a 60 year with a gut. Being a good coach is not about having the body of a Greek God, more about having the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to train people properly. That knowledge may be hard won, hard fought for over many years, tested in battle by their protege's. At the very least, certified by a professional body or organisation and up on current sports science.

A evangelising sales-force masquerading as sports professionals where they have had no real training or certification worries me greatly. When the first P90X came out, there was none of this "He's a rockin' coach, and a fit dude". It's a shame, because I think the people who run BB believe in their products, but they've chosen a crappy marketing method. I would say that P90X2 almost touches perfection, but sadly just falls short. I can swallow all the equipment needed (and you can buy it anywhere you want, not just from BB), I can take Tony's jokes, I even love the Yoga. But Tony, don't tell me stuff like "He's got the fitness and the finance". I'm sorry, but for that level of douche-baggery you lose a couple of points! For BB to have made an exercise product this good and to even attempt to take some shine off of it due to marketing is almost criminal. But then again, perhaps it's cultural and what I see as crass marketing goes down just fine in the US, which is probably their target market.....

At the end of the day, it's just a set of exercise videos that happen to work and have given a lot of people a good workout. BB: Leave the cult-tinged pyramid-marketing BS at the door and trust in the excellence of your product to sell itself next time please!
  • socalgirl68
    Options

hope P90X is the solution I have been looking for.

No
    No
    No
    AMAZING!! lost a lot of bf and gained A LOT of strength! Yes absolutely will do again!! :)

P90X IS the solution :D
  • brettinlj
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of P90X so I can't speak for results but here is what I'm doing:

For the recovery drink I wanted something with both the right carb to protein ratio, but also similar calories to the BeachBody product, simple sugars, and electrolytes (like potassium). Blending a banana in 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup water is what I am doing.

For the nutrition, instead of following the portion plan or the exact recipes, I figured out the correct number of carbs/fats/protein to get the percentages right. I eat lean meats, whole foods, veggies, and fruit and supplement with whey protein isolate and protein bars (Quest Bar). I log my intake on this site throughout the day and if I see the ratios getting too high on the protein side, I eat something like fruit. If they are skewing too much toward carbs, I have a protein bar for my afternoon snack. Google TeamRipped as there are several blog postings about P90X nutrition and how to use MyFitnessPal to keep the ratios correct. They guy who runs it seems like a pretty legit coach, although since I'm not ordering supplements he's not making any money off me yet.

I will go 30 days like this and in phase II decide whether I want to order Shakeology and maybe the Recovery drink from BeachBody.
  • Anastasia0511
    Options

Well, this is not really the thing that is wrong here. You may have a medal-winning Olympic athlete being coached by a 60 year with a gut. Being a good coach is not about having the body of a Greek God, more about having the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to train people properly. That knowledge may be hard won, hard fought for over many years, tested in battle by their protege's. At the very least, certified by a professional body or organisation and up on current sports science.

A evangelising sales-force masquerading as sports professionals where they have had no real training or certification worries me greatly. When the first P90X came out, there was none of this "He's a rockin' coach, and a fit dude". It's a shame, because I think the people who run BB believe in their products, but they've chosen a crappy marketing method. I would say that P90X2 almost touches perfection, but sadly just falls short. I can swallow all the equipment needed (and you can buy it anywhere you want, not just from BB), I can take Tony's jokes, I even love the Yoga. But Tony, don't tell me stuff like "He's got the fitness and the finance". I'm sorry, but for that level of douche-baggery you lose a couple of points! For BB to have made an exercise product this good and to even attempt to take some shine off of it due to marketing is almost criminal. But then again, perhaps it's cultural and what I see as crass marketing goes down just fine in the US, which is probably their target market.....

At the end of the day, it's just a set of exercise videos that happen to work and have given a lot of people a good workout. BB: Leave the cult-tinged pyramid-marketing BS at the door and trust in the excellence of your product to sell itself next time please!
    I left Beachbody because of one thing, Coaches! The whoring, the emails, the seeking me out and adding me to their friends list and then the second I add them they send me the fricking emails asking me if I want to change coaches send me all their bullshi* emails, contact info, facebook groups and all this crap meanwhile they still haven't said as much as a hello to me, or asked me how I am or what's going on and when I don't reply back to their emails they send me an email saying something like,"so have you had time to figure out what you'd like to do?" Just straight to there coaching garbage and I send the same reply back to every single one of them all, "F**K You!" and delete them. They *kitten* themselves and I think Beachbody should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen to people like me who take it seriously. Their coaches are making them, Beachbody look like a joke now.
    I LOVED Beachbody, Shakeology and their workout dvd's and took them seriously in the beginning but not so much now.
    But like I said, I left that place cause of the coaches not them or their products, which are all amazing.

I fully agree with EVERY thing you said and you said it WAY better than I ever could of and you totally get where I am coming from and nailed it on the head. I was pissed when I wrote my post lol. Should never go online when you're annoyed. But I had gone to BB that day and had all these emails from coaches and was like OMGF make it go awayyyy lol.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    I left Beachbody because of one thing, Coaches! The whoring, the emails, the seeking me out and adding me to their friends list and then the second I add them they send me the fricking emails asking me if I want to change coaches send me all their bullshi* emails, contact info, facebook groups and all this crap meanwhile they still haven't said as much as a hello to me, or asked me how I am or what's going on and when I don't reply back to their emails they send me an email saying something like,"so have you had time to figure out what you'd like to do?" Just straight to there coaching garbage and I send the same reply back to every single one of them all, "F**K You!" and delete them. They *kitten* themselves and I think Beachbody should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen to people like me who take it seriously. Their coaches are making them, Beachbody look like a joke now.
    I LOVED Beachbody, Shakeology and their workout dvd's and took them seriously in the beginning but not so much now.
    But like I said, I left that place cause of the coaches not them or their products, which are all amazing.

I fully agree with EVERY thing you said and you said it WAY better than I ever could of and you totally get where I am coming from and nailed it on the head. I was pissed when I wrote my post lol. Should never go online when you're annoyed. But I had gone to BB that day and had all these emails from coaches and was like OMGF make it go awayyyy lol.

Ha ha!

I could feel your anger through the screen! Sometimes it's a case of putting down the keyboard and taking a step back!

I do agree about their forums. There are a couple of pretty cool people on there (check out the team hybricide thread in the One-on-one subforum for people who aren't drinking the kool aid and enjoying mixing the products(and non BB products, too)) but there's also a lot of "add me if you want some help" which is secret-code bulls*it for trying to sell you stuff!

I like it here much better, tbh. And here there's support if you need it, a lot of difference of opinion, some falling out, a bit of everything. It's more of a mix....
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Yeah need to step away from the comp from time to time when I'm pissed lol.

There are a lot of cool people on the forums over there for sure and there are some cool coaches out there too that don't bug the hell out of you, but more that do. And then you get the ones who aren't even active or doing anything about anything. I like Beachbody and their products and will continue buying workout programs (dying over here waiting the for the Asylum Vol2 this fall!!) and I will probably drink Shakeology for as long as they continue to make it. If I found a coach that I really enjoyed and liked how they presented themselves and felt like they deserved it I would sign up them and get my Shakeology and stuff from them. I have a girl in mind who I've been watching for a year and love the way she has turned her life around and she is very active as a coach and has her challenge groups and goes to all the Summits, she's been in the fitness industry long before Beachbody and you can tell she is a genuine person and really does enjoy what she's doing. But yeah, step away from the computer when you're pissed is always a good option at first :D But I do still feel how I feel lol.
  • MurphyUK
    Options
    Diet and discipline.

That's what makes P90x work.

- Use MFP to SLASH fat intake, raise protein intake and above ALL ELSE keep the calorie count low.
    - Do the workouts every day. Those tired days when you want to curl up in a ball are the toughest, but once you start the program, why give up, why let all that previous good work go to waste. PLUS when you've completed a workout on that hard, tired, difficult day you get a glow that makes everything you've done worthwhile.

Diet and discipline = results.

If you are not 100% committed to both, don't even start.

Final point - I recommend a pre-p90x week to start with. You'll be sore for a few days after Plyometrics and it can lean on and upset the next few workouts.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the coaches.. I alctually have a coach but he is the real deal ( Coach Wayne ) It makes me laugh all the time when people post on say the p90x face book group and like sharks to dying whale you will see 8 different posts from coaches trying to recruit this one poor soul who asked the best way to use a band on a certain exercise.. yet give zero advice.

As for P90x...

It works.. Eat right and work hard and you will see results..
  • jimmmer
    Options

As for P90x...

Amen to that!
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    I am with you on the coaches.. I alctually have a coach but he is the real deal ( Coach Wayne ) It makes me laugh all the time when people post on say the p90x face book group and like sharks to dying whale you will see 8 different posts from coaches trying to recruit this one poor soul who asked the best way to use a band on a certain exercise.. yet give zero advice.

As for P90x...

That's what I am talking about too. You ask a question and there they are saying "I can help you get into shape just add me as your coach and.." blah blah blah. They all start to sound like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons to me now "Waaa wah waaa wah"

Not sure who Coach Wayne is, but Coach Todd (Miggett) is pretty awesome. His last video he did on "Gameday" from the Asylum was awesome. I swear to God I thought he was going to cry. He was crying, without crying lol. He's awesome and I like him a lot. Does Wayne have a YouTube channel? I prefer men to woman in everything lol. But there is this one female coach who I've been talking to for the past year and she is the real do too but I only want her as a friend not a coach. She's very cool in general and lives close to me. I don't even need a coach but I do like making friends with the same fitness goals that I have. I just don't think Beachbody shouldn force and randomly choose a coach for people when they sign up and every time they order something from the company a bit of their money goes to some coach they've never spoken to, who's not active on the forums, or who has a serious weight condition. I want to be able to order my stuff and not have my money go anywhere but Beachbody. Ugh, not getting started again today hahaha. I'm following jimmmer's advice and stepping back from the computer today haha.