Feeling guilty

Options
I just had a flippin 710 calorie lunch today at Jason's Deli. I'm gonna have to be at the gym for ATLEAST an hour tonight just to eat dinner. How do you all deal when you blow your wad at lunch?

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Get more workout time eat and eat very very light for dinner. Think: steamed veggies, salad with no cheese or dressing, low-cal soups
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You have several options,,,

Get to work and earn it,
    Go to bed hungry,
    Go a little over for the day.
    that's about it.

I usually do a little of all 3,,, a little exercise, have a light snack, go to bed a little hungry, and still a smidge over for the day.

((It's worth it - once in a while anyways :laugh: What'd you have for lunch?)).
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Although it may not be the best way, I will eat cereal for dinner! 1 cup Multigrain cherrios and 1/2 cup milk, it makes me feel better
  • alipetrey
    Options
    just drink water and have a dinner with more veggies and fruits to fill up with a small amount of protein and carbs.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I've ever called it that :huh: :laugh:

But - don't worry about it & just don't do it again tomorrow. We all have days where we mess up, don't let it control you. :flowerforyou:
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    I had half the Santa Fe chicken sandwich (DEEEE LISH, grilled chicken, guacamole, swiss cheese, bacon, 1000 island dressing, on honey whole wheat bread...it's like heaven) and salad bar. Plus the soft serve ice cream you can have at the end. I'm gonna go and do my normal routine at the gym which should earn me about 400 extra calories. Then I'll follow the chicken and vegetables suggestion. Maybe eat close to bedtime so I'm asleep when my stomach begins to growl later on. Most importantly....BACK ON THE HORSE TOMORROW!!! SHEESH, I haven't been working this hard for 3 months for nothin!! By the way, I"m starting my 4th month...this is a record for me. Never ever gone this long before!!
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Don't feel too bad....I did the same thing today, only I ate fried chicken fingers and fried okra!! I feel so yuck and mad at myself.

Thanks for the advice everyone...I'm going to try the chicken & veggies and work out as hard as I can tonight to make up for it.

Seems that it happens to all of us! Don't let it get you down.
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    I just hate that I let myself consume that many calories in just one lunch............although the sandwich was tasty, I should have stopped there. It seems like such a waste. I'd rather eat healthy on each of my meals and then allow myself little treats like a mini snickers here and there then blow a huge poriton of my allowance in one sitting and then work and struggle to do damage control. In any case, I did one hour of ellliptical training at gym today and was able to keep my daily consumption under by 99 calories afterall. Granted, dinner was way boring and not satisfying but I don't play if I can't pay.
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Good for you for your damage control! I did the same to make up for my fried-everything lunch. I did the eliptical and some crunches/pushups. I ate grilled chicken and veggie soup and after all that managed to stay under my calories (daily + workout calories earned).

My goal is to stick to it the rest of the week and no more fattening lunches. Good luck to you!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me a lot. I'd go out to eat and not realize the cals in my food. Argh. Now I make everyone plan where we're eating at least an hour in advance so I have time to look it up and figure out what I'll eat.

Try fish and veggies for dinner. All super low-cal and yummy.
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    I woulnd't be too upset with yourself. If you eat great on a day to day basis and you eat your calorie limit or under, a "cheat" meal once in a while is actually really good for you. The reason is, is that your metabolism will get sedetary so to speak and the jolt of calories will kick it into high gear again. So a lot of folks actually suggest a "Cheat" meal up to once a week, not a "Cheat" day though :( lol, don't stress, pick yourself up, raise your gloves and get ready for the next round ;)