Little over a year of progress (with pics)

Options
gdr1976
gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
I was considering posting a MFP blog or one on my personal blog site, but I figured this would reach more people this way. If I can motivate one person then my job is done, lol. I've been serious about getting healthy since May of 2011, found this site through and old high school friend who had suggested it, Thanks Dorothy!! I've met some wonderful kick *kitten* people on here. Some I've become very close to and just can't imagine my life with out them now.

For those of you who don't know my story the decision to get my *kitten* in gear came in April of 2011 at a doctors visit. I am a type 2 diabetic and had gotten my sugar under control at one point in 2009 or 10, after that I got really lazy and it spiraled out of control. It was at this appointment where my doctor said it was another 6 months of oral meds, if nothing changed it was time for insulin. That was enough to scare the hell out of me, no way was I going to sitck myself every day and then worry if I can eat in time or not. Since my job (911 dispatcher) can go from 0- All hell breaking loose in no time. So I may not get to eat in time or be a couple hours later than I want. Also being a volunteer EMT you can get stuck going from call to call all day. So it was time for me to get serious and I did. I won't bore you the detail on how I started or what I did, but regular exercise, food loging, and life style change is what did it. So with out any further delay....progress pics:

Couldn't find the original pics, just an old progress pic I had put together. Starting in May 2011 and then 6 months later in November:

beforecurrentjpg-2.png

August 2012 at 269.6 pounds. Have about another 50 to go to where I want to be. It's here I finally noticed changes in myself:

photo-1.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!