Anyone eat mostly unprocessed foods?

Options
I'd love to look at diaries for ideas. I do eat a lot unprocessed, but I have my couple of processed items that I do love. I have 20 more lbs of baby weight to shed and plan on keeping a very low processed food diet indefinitely.

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm at about 75% whole foods now.
  • Adelasamy
    Adelasamy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beside bread and chips when I go to work, everything is raw food (unprocessed food). If you add me as your friend you can see my diary. I have some good recipes. I lost 17 pounds in two months since I have changed my lifestyle from omnivore to vegan and than an almost raw food.
  • Smrhoads
    Smrhoads Posts: 31
    Options
    I try to do my best, but I am a sucker for chocolate chip waffles. I swear I am not going to buy them again.
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I didn't know what to call mostly unprocessed. Is a raw food diet one where you don't cook the foods? I've talked to one person that calls her diet raw vegan because she literally eating everything raw.
  • Toomestwin
    Options
    I try my best to avoid processed foods. It's tough, especially if you have a busy schedule, but well worth the effort. Pretty surprising how "modern convenience" is not the same thing as "good for you."
  • cstolze
    cstolze Posts: 3
    Options
    That would be our household.... been doing no processed food and no meat flesh products for 7 days now and I am down 6#!!!!! and feeling better than I have in a long time!!!!!!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I do a pretty good job. My diary is open if you want to peek. :)
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm also trying to lose 20 lbs of baby weight and have a goal of eating mostly unprocessed foods.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Add me guys, I mainly have a non processed food intake everyday apart from the odd piece of bread or made a cereal :) My diet is mainly fruits and vegetables. I'm a vegetarian also so no meats for me. I often cooked some of vegetables though so they not completely raw.
  • britneyy32
    britneyy32 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat mostly clean now, and have some unprocessed foods here and there. I'll add you! :)
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i eat everything unprocessed. Coffee is my only exception - although i would think that that is not really processed? I drink nespresso?

I wont touch anything from a packet except japanese nori sheets (seaweed) and cartoned organic almond milk

i jsut feel better that way!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I do my best, but will still eat some processed items.

By 'processed' I'm talking about foods that have been altered to the point of have fiber and nutrients removed and other items added in for color or shelf life, not something like meat that was sliced for me at my butcher.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm about 90% clean these days. I do allow myself some "free days" on occasion, so that way I don't deny myself anything I just try to eat clean most of the time. My diary is open if you want to see.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, mostly fresh foods some frozen. I am dairy and gluten free which puts a few restrictions on what you will see. I do have some processed foods, chocolate, occassional condiments, cookies that are gluten free, and coconut ice cream, lol. I've lost 54 lbs so far and the few processed foods in my diet have definitely not been a huge issue, lol.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Definintely my husband and i! We eat 90% clean. I try and make everything from scratch that would normally be bought as a processed food. The exception is Ezekial Bread and Greek Yogurt. Feel free to add me, or anyone else, and you can see my daily diaries!!!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly whole foods, and the processed foods I eat are pretty minimally processed, like preflavored oatmeal or baby carrots. I do enjoy premade cookies or something occasionally, but for my day t day eating I prefer to cook from scratch.
  • jessimurph
    Options
    My diary is open, mostly fresh foods some frozen. I am dairy and gluten free which puts a few restrictions on what you will see. I do have some processed foods, chocolate, occassional condiments, cookies that are gluten free, and coconut ice cream, lol. I've lost 54 lbs so far and the few processed foods in my diet have definitely not been a huge issue, lol.

My exclusively breastfed son has some food allergies so i gave up all dairy then gluton and now nuts starting yesterday. My two processed foods that I can't live without are my raw protein powder and milk which i just switched from almond milk to SO unsweetened coconut milk.
  • grace_ruthless
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I make it a goal to eat fresh veggies/fruits and what not... but being a college student sometimes I have to buy cheaper processed foods for On-the-go days.
  • jessimurph
    Options
    I try my best to avoid processed foods. It's tough, especially if you have a busy schedule, but well worth the effort. Pretty surprising how "modern convenience" is not the same thing as "good for you."

I think it's pretty surprising that most people (me included until recently) don't know what's in the processed food we're eating and don't really care to know because it might make us not want to eat to.
  • HotelWife
    HotelWife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try! I've been doing this for about 2 months and feel LOTS better! (Even though I'm drinking a protein shake as I type...but still...better than a bagel.) Add me if you want and we can motivate each other.