Running..I think my waste is getting bigger. HELP!

I've lost a bunch of weight in the last 1.5 years and I've been able to trim down my whole physique. Now, I'm training for a triathlon and upped my running and I swear my waste is getting bigger. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Your WAIST or your WASTE? ......just curious! LOL
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    That's disgusting! Oh, you mean your waist? It's probably that your hips, thighs and torso are getting slimmer, and it's just how your waist looks in proportion. What does your tape measure say? Wait, you are using a tape measure, right?
  • lol @ bigger poo's
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    My waste always gets bigger after a big meal.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    Cut back on the fiber
  • this is making me lol like crazy
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    LOL I don't think I would ever tell people that my waste is getting bigger!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    this is making me lol like crazy

me too, and I feel sort of bad, but it's really funny!
  • LaurianRocks
    LaurianRocks Posts: 54 Member
    Totally normal, since I started running, I eat twice the calories, and my waste is twice the size.... :blushing: Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
  • 2fat4knees
    2fat4knees Posts: 25 Member
    waist, not waste
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    this is making me lol like crazy

That's why I clicked on it, I was like :noway: !
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,374 Member
    Have you thought about consulting a physician? They can probably prescribe something!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    hahahahahaaha youl are great!!!! I hope the original poster is lol'ing too :laugh:
  • this is making me lol like crazy

That's why I clicked on it, I was like :noway: !

lol the more people comment the more im like .. wait WAS that what she meant lol .. its not .. but still haha
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    TOO much fun...:bigsmile: :blushing: :noway:
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Sorry but I, too, found this really funny! (The mental images I have are a bit less funny though.)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I'm an English teacher. I'm having heart palpitations.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    I've lost a bunch of weight in the last 1.5 years and I've been able to trim down my whole physique. Now, I'm training for a triathlon and upped my running and I swear my waste is getting bigger. Anyone else have this problem?

All silliness aside, I bet the other guy is right in that your hips/chest are probably just getting smaller, so it LOOKS like your waist is bigger. That, and if the other parts of you shrink, you will have a lower waist to hip ratio. If you are losing inches in the wrong paces, and are happy with your weight (before), maybe eat more to maintain the measurements you had before? Or work out the muscles near your hips to push em out more? lol... your waist probably hasn't actually gotten bigger, but the best way to know is to measure.

I bet the running has kinda slimmed you down overall, but not in the waist area so it looks like you have a less defined waist now. makes sense?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    LOL...OP, you are a beautiful person, and I hope you can laugh along with the rest of us...we really do mean well.:heart:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Is your waste getting longer, like it spans the bowl, or is the volume of waste just larger and it fills the whole bowl?

For photo examples, try this site: http://www.ratemypoo.eu/