Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I love and welcome all compliments. ;)

But the best ones are these:

Being told I'm a great and wonderful mother by my children

Being told that I'm a great and wonderful mother by others

A former student asked me to go to the Mother's Day Banquet with her

When a student writes me a note telling me what a difference I've made in his/her life

When a parent tells me what a difference I've made in his/her child's life

A man I'm talking to told me I had a wonderful mind the other day... and when we talked about the differences in our personalities... he's a thinker and I'm a feeler... he said I had such beautiful thoughts to go along with my feelings...
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    ....some chick told me I was too big!

So I lost some weight. Perverts.......

lol......luv it
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I used to play Santa Claus at a local department store. One day this little girl came up and gave me a hug and then stepped back and said, "You're not really Santa Claus. Santa Claus is FAT!"

Hahaha that's so great! The best compliment I've gotten was last week. I was playing tennis with my brother and this man came by and asked to hit with us since the other courts were taken and afterwards he told me that I have really great form and should seriously consider playing in college.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    quite often, girls say i'm attractive etc but i don't really believe that *kitten*.

Best compliment is 'your mums brought you up well, as you have really good manners'

i wouldn't say my manners were all that either, but i'm not one to jump women or think of them as objects alone.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Some years ago when I was cashiering at a local supermarket in WI while in college, I remember one day that a woman came through my line that worked at the store, but I didn't recognize her so I figured maybe she was new. I started chit-chatting with her about nothing special, and didn't think much of it. Some time (weeks) later I was back in the deli dept. grabbing some food for my break, and I saw her working back there. I waved hello while I waited for another employee to bring my food. I heard her say to another woman back there, "She really makes you feel welcome." She did not know I could hear her. Amazing how little things can mean a lot to people.

I have also had a man tell me I reminded him of Nicole Kidman. That was pretty cool.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    Some years ago when I was cashiering at a local supermarket in WI while in college, I remember one day that a woman came through my line that worked at the store, but I didn't recognize her so I figured maybe she was new. I started chit-chatting with her about nothing special, and didn't think much of it. Some time (weeks) later I was back in the deli dept. grabbing some food for my break, and I saw her working back there. I waved hello while I waited for another employee to bring my food. I heard her say to another woman back there, "She really makes you feel welcome." She did not know I could hear her.

Because you are such a wonderful, sweet, down to earth person! I know I'm glad you're my friend here. :)

ha ha you edited while I was posting... Nicole Kidman... rock on girl!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Some years ago when I was cashiering at a local supermarket in WI while in college, I remember one day that a woman came through my line that worked at the store, but I didn't recognize her so I figured maybe she was new. I started chit-chatting with her about nothing special, and didn't think much of it. Some time (weeks) later I was back in the deli dept. grabbing some food for my break, and I saw her working back there. I waved hello while I waited for another employee to bring my food. I heard her say to another woman back there, "She really makes you feel welcome." She did not know I could hear her.

Because you are such a wonderful, sweet, down to earth person! I know I'm glad you're my friend here. :)

ha ha you edited while I was posting... Nicole Kidman... rock on girl!

Haha!! You caught me!!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you're my friend on here, too! :drinker:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to a wedding reception a few months ago for one of his co-workers but no one that I really knew. After we got home he said.........

"Thanks for going with me so I could show you off."

Seriously, dude? Winner.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I always get compliments on my tattoos, complete strangers want to come up and rub my arms.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    One of the best compliments I've ever received was from a director of a specialty with a Master's from Yale and Ph.D from Columbia quizzically ask if I was a doctor or at least a nurse to his MA after my mom's appt. I had left the exam room in search of some supplies and I overheard them talking - it was even confirmed when I asked her for some stuff and she laughed saying, "Dr. B was asking me if you were a doctor or nurse, because you knew an awful lot and spoke terminology." He was confused! I just laughed and said "No, I just read a lot." I've had lots of medical people tell me to go to school, but - I haven't yet. :blushing:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Always being there for when my family needs me. Nothing has ever topped that......
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Recently someone said "Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Bill Goldberg?" It may not seem like much but after hearing someone say I looked like Butterbean a few years ago it was pretty awesome! Even if it's not true LOL
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    HAHA, actually this am. I was at the gym working out with my earbuds in, but the music was off for a second. These girls were working out next to me and one of them said, "I hate her for looking so good, what a *****..." I tried so hard not to smile. Its nice to hear something like that every once in a while so all your sacrifices seem worth it.
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When a fairly openly gay acquaintance of long standing whom I have a great deal of professional and personal respect for looked at me, and with dead seriousness (perfectly sober), said: "If I had known you twenty years ago, my life might have turned out very differently."

*blink*

=B=
  • MissShancey
    Options
    I was complimented today and it made me happier then i have every been ... I was at my friends baby shower and after when i was in the kitchen cleaning up her husband came in and asked me how much weight i had lost.. he hasn't seen me in a few months and he said i look like i have lost alot .. i told him 55 pounds and he said that was amazing and i look so great ...

that made me feel soooooooo good .. i still feel so good from it .. im in such a good mood right now!!! ... so motivated to keep going!!!!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    From a long term boyfriend (lovely guy) who one time when I was putting myself down for lacking any particular skills told me that I had a real talent for living. That's stayed with me and come to mean more as well.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Led a group of hikers last year in Switzerland and on the third day, one of the women told me that the girl's tent gossip was "who could seduce the dreamy guide" from some women 20 years my junior. I told her she was pulling my leg.... Nice boost.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    Led a group of hikers last year in Switzerland and on the third day, one of the women told me that the girl's tent gossip was "who could seduce the dreamy guide" from some women 20 years my junior. I told her she was pulling my leg.... Nice boost.

soooo???? did you go for it lol?
  • 4aFitTina
    Options
    Just to hear that someone thinks I am beautiful. It's not said often, so when it is said it melts me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Recently someone said "Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Bill Goldberg?" It may not seem like much but after hearing someone say I looked like Butterbean a few years ago it was pretty awesome! Even if it's not true LOL

Holy crap you DO look like Goldberg!