81 lbs down....

Options
Hi everyone my name is Kimberly, I am 27 and I am a single mother to two little boys. I work full time and homeschool....and sometime in that mix of chaos, (late January to be exact) I decided that I didn't want to die!

From right around the time that I went through puberty, I have been over weight. After I had my first son when I was only 16, I had put on around 70 lbs with my pregnancy and just never lost more than 20 lbs or so, fast forward 6 years and the same thing with my younger son, only gained about 40 this time but barely loss the 8 lbs of his birth...through battling depressing and an obvious issue with eating my feelings, I balooned to over 330lbs,on a 5'6" frame. I was miserable, and I knew it was all my own fault, which of course does not help any with the constant depression.

Finally one day I just got to a point that I had to decide that I did not want to be responsible for leaving my two little boys motherless...they already had no one else, what was I doing to them? What was I doing to me? I knew that the only one in control of my happiness was...ME!!!! and no one could fix my shattered life and soul but....ME!

So I started making healthier choices and counting every single calorie that passed my lips throughout the day. Added in cardio and weight training 5 days a week, and so far as of today, I am 81 lbs down, lighter than I have been in as long as I can remember and also, with an honest to God new lease on life.

I like myself again...and honestly that means more than the smaller pant size anyday(of course my skinny clothes getting too big sure didnt hurt!) So here I am, about halfway to my final goal, and as the lbs get harder to remove, I find myself in need of some support, hopefully I can find and give that here!:smile:

Replies

• TheePhoenix
    TheePhoenix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your progress! If you are looking for support, feel free to add me as a friend. I am always willing to help and am looking for those to lean on when I need support as well. =]
  • oregongal77
    Options
    YOu are so inspiring! What a great job you are doing.
  • nyYankeesGirl2012
    Options
    OMG so inspiring!! i havent had any kids, and dont plan to for awhile... but i need to lose this weight now so that i wont have so much work to do afterwards... congradulations!! im waiting for the first time someone says "have you lost weight" i honestly cannot wait!! but congrats, i LOVE your view on everything :)