What are some healthy foods that are low in carbs?

What are some healthy foods that are low in carbs?

Replies

• I have found several that I enjoy, natural almonds, high quality cheeses (havarti and mozzarella), seafood, chicken, eggs, turkey sausage or burgers.
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you for your advice, Roy!
  • No problem, I noticed you had other questions on low fat and high protein food also. Feel free to look at my diary. My health coach advised me to eat less than 150 carbs and get my proteins up, I am getting most of my fats from seafood, oils, and nuts. At first, my sodium was way too high trying to get proteins up, so I got some sodium free peanut butter, pistachios, and sunflower seeds. Keep in mind that I am male, 6 ft., 225 lbs., so my caloric and nutritional needs are different, but it should give you some good ideas.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    I enjoy a couple boiled eggs in the morning. 70 cals (with yolk) each in the morning and I'm good to go.
  • SharmelleOlson
    Hello Roy,

Yes, I have those other Questions also. I will check out your diary ok. My Dietition does not want me to have more than 140 carbs a day I think it is lol.

Hello Frozen300,

The eggs sound great but that is one thing I cannot eat, I tend to get sick from eggs. But I try to eat them once and a great while lol.

Blessings, Sharmelle or Shar
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    I too am doing low carb. But I eat a poop ton of sodium.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Eggs eggs eggs! Can't praise eggs enough! I have two boiled eggs in the morning for breakfast and it keeps me going for hours ad hours.
  • Benphi91
    Benphi91 Posts: 31 Member
    Meat, veggies, eggs... avoid/limit pasta, rice and bread.
  • Nuts... I love macadamias. I'm vegetarian and keeping my carbs below 50 is a challenge but doable. I eat a ton of veg, soya yoghurt (just because it's low carb), avocados, cheese, babybels and no sugar peanut butter for snacks (pb on celery's good). Almonds and walnuts are low carb. Also I have 85% dark chocolate occassionally cos it's the lowest carb choccie I can find if I fancy a treat.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Meat, poultry, fish, seafood, green leafy vegetables, cheese, soya milk and dairy products, almonds etc.

I used to keep my carbs under 50g per day but have now increased to approx 30% of total calorie intake. I just avoid try to avoid the "white" carbs (white bread, potatoes, pasta, cakes & pastries etc). I do have brown rice sometimes.

Have a look in my diary if you want to know more :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    All of the Phase One foods on Dr. Atkins' program. Even some of the Phase Two foods as well.
  • SharmelleOlson
    Thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated!

I cannot eat eggs due to they make me sick. But I like them so much that I have to have some once in a great while even though they make me sick lol.

I have heard that any type of Soya food/beverage products are not good for you.

Blessings, SHarmelle or Shar