Deodorant? But seriously....

Options
stepharega
stepharega Posts: 211 Member
I want to know what kind of deodorant you use!

Ive been using Dove ClearTone deodorant because of darker skin but it doesn't exactly smell good. :huh:

Any natural ones you've liked?

*men and women question! Tell meee :)

Replies

• pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I use dove because it makes you soft after hsaving, I never used cleartone but I use different scents
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I just use Sure. It's cheap and unscented. Can't stand having a perfumy smell waft up all day.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Mitchum's!!! That sh** is killer! I have a bit of a hectic schedule at times, and I can foget to put it on and still be golden for two days! Love it!!!!!
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ideally I use Secret's um.. gel? invisible? liquid? deodorant. new scent everytime. I find that it lasts me the day, it doesn't give me the major problems white stick deodorant does, and it kind of sinks into your skin rather than stay on the surface and gets on all your shirts in the morning like lady speed stick's gel deodorant does.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Secret powder fresh - I'm allergic to everything else....
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have to rotate my deoderant every month or I swear it just stops working for me. I think overall my favourite is Degree solid.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Either Lady Speed Stick or Ban
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to use natural and organic ones since they do not contain aluminum. All the mainstream ones contain aluminum. Aluminum gets processed through the liver (harmful and toxic) and also blocks your sweat glands which means you can't eliminate the toxins.

" Aluminum – Used to block sweat glands, aluminum-based compounds are the active ingredients in antiperspirants. Many studies have pointed at these aluminum compounds as being responsible for causing changes in estrogen receptors in breast cells – a risk for developing breast cancer. This claim may or not be accurate. However, the simple act of preventing perspiration hinders the body’s natural attempt at eliminating toxins via the skin’s pores."
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I have to switch it up frequently too or it doesn't seem to work as well. I am currently on Degree Expert Protection with 24 hour motion sense. That's a mouthful! :P
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Dove Go Fresh in "Revive", which is a pomegranate and lemon verbana scent (whatever the hell that means).

Basically, whatever works best and smells good. I prefer the sweet, fruity-ish scents over the floral-chemical scents, because I like to smell like I'm 29, not 92.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Dove has one, can't remember what's it's called, soft solid maybe. It blends into my skin beautifully, and the scent is just called Fresh. It is really just a clean scent. Not perfumy or flowery.

I like it a lot

Secret is the best seller out there, but it's never worked for me
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Secret - powder fresh. I have noticed that it doesn't seem to be working as well as it is supposed to. Maybe it has to do with me eating lots of meat, cheese and veggies.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,890 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to use natural and organic ones since they do not contain aluminum. All the mainstream ones contain aluminum. Aluminum gets processed through the liver (harmful and toxic) and also blocks your sweat glands which means you can't eliminate the toxins.

" Aluminum – Used to block sweat glands, aluminum-based compounds are the active ingredients in antiperspirants. Many studies have pointed at these aluminum compounds as being responsible for causing changes in estrogen receptors in breast cells – a risk for developing breast cancer. This claim may or not be accurate. However, the simple act of preventing perspiration hinders the body’s natural attempt at eliminating toxins via the skin’s pores."

I use Old Spice fresh because it is not an anti-perspirant, so it doesn't contain aluminum, and it doesn't stain my clothes. The natural ones I have tried seem useless.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I use baking soda. No, really, it's the best deodorant AND anti-perspirant I've ever had. I had to stop using regular deodorants because I'm allergic to something in them, and those all-natural ones don't work worth ****.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Secret unscented...If I'm smelly then something is wrong! I figure all those perfumes just cause skin problems. I use the bar one that's unscented and white. I don't like the gel stuff. It never worked well for me and is sticky. I've been on camping trips where it was broiling hot and the stuff hasn't failed me yet.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    DOVE. The stuff is good. It doesn't irritate me like some other ones. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything. I'm dry and I smell fresh, not perfume-y. DO IT. DO IT.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Currently Degree's UltraClear. I used to use Dove ALL the time...but it doesn't seem to be able to handle me anymore. D:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    idk if this question is geared towards men too or not but I use old spice stick typically. Sometimes a sports deodrant. I used to use Axe all the time long time ago but I can't stand them anymore along with other body spray
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Mitchum's!!! That sh** is killer! I have a bit of a hectic schedule at times, and I can foget to put it on and still be golden for two days! Love it!!!!!

this, since I was first in need of it. My mom had already switched, so she was ready for when we needed it. Absolutely can miss a day if it happens.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sure! Men and women.

Ive seen online "in love with bodycare" products and am very intrigued...