Does ur TOM really matter???? HELP LADIES

Options
So i have been on a steady weight loss for a month or so now...although i did my weigh in on monday and i gained over a pound. I do have my time of the month could that be why??

I hate it if it is and what should i do just wait for next week or weigh again tommorrow it should be over then???

Replies

• Angelface28
    Angelface28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine definitely affects my weight. I think it has to do with the change in hormone levels. Not to mention that some people retain water while on their period. I wouldn't worry about it at all as it is probably just water weight. I might wait at least a day or two before you weigh yourself.

Hope that helps. :)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body. Some people retain a lot of water during that time, others don't. I take a diuretic, so I really don't notice a big difference during my TOM than other times of the month.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I thought TOM was a new name for BoB ... nevermind!

Keep on discussin'
    :smooched:
  • Shelley130
    Options

Keep on discussin'

I know what TOM is ... what's BoB?
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YES!!! It really does matter for me. I retain water like nobody's business a couple of days before. Then, a day or two, i pee like crazy all day long and lose it again! At least 2lbs worth! If you can avoid weighing in, I would...or at least just know that it could be wacky and not be too hard on yourself about it!!!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Keep on discussin'

Battery Opperated Buddy *blush*
  • daybyday815
    Options
    YES!!! It really does matter for me. I retain water like nobody's business a couple of days before. Then, a day or two, i pee like crazy all day long and lose it again! At least 2lbs worth! If you can avoid weighing in, I would...or at least just know that it could be wacky and not be too hard on yourself about it!!!

LOL i'm the same way - 4lbs like clockwork, then i'm in the bathroom all day when it's over.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Ditto for me!!! Another thing that helps me is to avoid the salt for that week.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and always gain a pound or two around the day that my ToM starts. Then it usually takes about a week for that coupla pounds to drop.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Keep on discussin'

hahahaha! :laugh: That made my day. Thanks!

But yes, the TOM can totally effect your weight loss temporarily. :flowerforyou:
  • Shelley130
    Options

Keep on discussin'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As long as you're burning calories I'm not one to judge :blushing:
  • TheAlmightyAmy
    Options
    I've got a similar concern. I've been retaining water for about a week now. It's not time for my TOM. Does anyone have an idea as to how to relieve this? I'm almost to the point of agony.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    drink some green tea :)