NSV

Options
Last May on Mother's day, May 13, my wife and I went to a baseball game and I could not fit in the seats properly. I was forced to angle in and sit on one "cheek" at a time. Last night, my wife and I took her father to the same baseball field for his birthday. I was leary of facing the seating arrangements again, but when I went to start angleing in I ended up fully in the seat. I'm not saying it was completely comfortable, but I was in it after only 3 months.

As my ticker says at the time I am posting this, I have lost 60 pounds. This is about 1/4 of the weight I am going to lose. If I can gather the courage to do so, I'm thinking of posting progress pics soon. Debating whether to wait for 80 pounds (1/3 mark) or the 100 pound mark.

I want to thank my MFP friends for thier support and hopefully offer encouragement for others like me that started with a lot of weight to lose.

Continued success to everyone.

Replies

• ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love small victories like this! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That is truly fantastic! It always makes me so sad to know that so many of us cannot do the things that we love because of our weight. Congratulations on being one of the many that do something about it and can now enjoy things that weren't so fun before! :drinker:
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!!! It's brilliant to be able to see such significant changes.
    Many congratulations on losing 60lbs and Good luck with the next 60lbsxxx
    Nicola :flowerforyou:
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I plan a roller coaster vacation when I am at goal, simply to celebrate the fact that I will "fit" into any ride and not be turned away. Keep it up. You're doing fantastic!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Go Tigers! Truly a cool NSV! Keep it up 'cause you can do this, man.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Go Tigers! Truly a cool NSV! Keep it up 'cause you can do this, man.

I guess I did not specify the team. We went to see minor league game, watching the Beach Bums in Traverse City, MI.

Edited to say the Beach Bums won 6-1.
  • juliette28
    Options
    So happy for you! You are doing great! :smile:
  • Callean321
    Callean321 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this....it really hit home....My family and I went to the baseball game for the 4th. I couldn't fit in the seat at all. I had to sit in a lawn chair in the grassy area while the rest of my family sat in the stand....it was so humiliating and lonely. I choked back the tears so no one would know how horrible I felt about myself....Please continue posting!!!! It gives me hope
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!